OCC HWBOT OC Competitions: Round Two

scr4wl

This one is going to be a little bit different from the last one!

Rules

Benchmark - 3DMark Vantage

•  
  • You must run 3DMark Vantage and get a score ending in a 2, 4, 6, or 8. You must then submit your score to HWBot under the OverclockersClub team, and then post a link to your score here.
  • Each qualifying score will be entered into a drawing for 2 or 3 Steam games. (Haven't decided which ones yet)
  • The fastest score will get entered as much times as people who participated in this competition. The second fastest score gets one last entry than the fastest score, and so on.
  • There will also be a random drawing for participating, this is for 3 steam coupons
  • Competition ends in 10 days.

I'm doing it this way to make it more "Fair" for everyone to win. All you have to do is submit a successful score to be entered, but the faster your score the better chance you have at winning.

However, if more people enter, then your chance of winning decreases.

Example:

If 2 people enter 1st place will get 2 drawing entries and second place will only get 1 drawing entry. This means 1st place has a 66% chance of winning a game. (In reality both people would win a game, because there are 2 or 3 games)

If 3 people enter 1st place will get 3 drawing entries, second place will get 2, and third place will get 1. This means that 1st place now only has a 50% chance of winning a game. (Again if there are 3 games all three will receive a game)

If 4 people enter 1st place will get 4 drawing entries, second 3, third 2, and 4th 1. 1st now only has a 40% chance, and I think you get the point.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them here.

Leaders:

1. XtremeDS 4962

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get some numbers up tomorrow. Are we going to have separate categories for multiple cards vs single cards?

No, I don't want it to get to complicated. Just make sure your score ends in a 2,4,6, or 8 and then the number of entries into the drawing you get depends on how many people enter and how fast your score was. :)

Hmm i may try hwbot again for this one.

Which fields are required for vantage?

Score

CPU + Overclock

Screenshot

Link

That's all you actually need to provide to HWBot.

Then can we take our scores, divide them by the money we each spent respectively, and see who wins the ALL-Important Price-to-Performance ratio :whistling::P

that defeats the purpose of every benchmarking program in all of the evar

Then can we take our scores, divide them by the money we each spent respectively, and see who wins the ALL-Important Price-to-Performance ratio :whistling::P

Unfair on the pure basis of you getting the far better us pricing on components :P

that defeats the purpose of every benchmarking program in all of the evar

I'm not the dark, don't be scared :lol: In all seriousness though, I know with your beast 2011 CPU and next gen GPU's you will beat me in a benchmark and I am slightly jealous :biggrin: Also, you will have the advantage with any application that depends on the CPU! But in game, the difference wouldn't even be noticeable ;)

GL trying to beat my SuperPI 32M score, even with your BA CPU :P