Gigabyte E350N-USB3 AMD Fusion Mini-ITX Motherboard Examined

Nemo

Does anyone know how well Minecraft performs on the fusion boards?

This could be ideal for my dad, the only gaming he does is Minecraft :)

i dont play minecraft, but i do play borderlands and half life on this board occasionally. honestly it's not the greatest in borderlands, half life is much better...i haven't done any benchmarking, but i can tell you that anything other than standard settings in borderlands causes the gpu to lag (probably due to cpu limitations)...there were several driver failures while playing borderlands, so i reverted back to 10.2 drivers and that stopped the crashing. my machine was built primarily to replace some very old office equipment, use MS office and counseling specific type programs, browse the web/email, etc, not games...i'm looking for amd to come forth with the low profile, low end 6000 series graphics cards like the 6350 to pair up with the onboard 6310 gpu for games...

other thoughts: i use a buffalo 300mbps wireless adapter, and it works fine on our office net, so i don't miss the wifi, i don't have bluetooth in anything except my cellphone....

Does anyone know how well Minecraft performs on the fusion boards?

This could be ideal for my dad, the only gaming he does is Minecraft :)

I can actually confirm it does play minecraft just fine...but it will bog down a little bit if theres alot of stuff on the screen @ full view distance, but thats kinda expected.

-Nick

wife was having the same issue on a Fusion board..I noticed a couple of things so for giggles I added a 4650 video card..that fixed the issue but the CPU runs 2-4c hotter with the video card installed...

wife was having the same issue on a Fusion board..I noticed a couple of things so for giggles I added a 4650 video card..that fixed the issue but the CPU runs 2-4c hotter with the video card installed...

huh, that's interesting doc... why do you think it runs hotter with a card on-board?