not sure if correct space, but erhm.... why do people fold? xD

WarWeeny

So it achieved nothing so far? 

Not correct. It has enabled the scientist to get a better understanding of how proteins work. This in turn allows them to learn more about how they cause the diseases, which will hopefully yield some cures. So no it hasn't created the solution but it is bringing us closer to the solution, and quicker than if they had to do all the calculations themselves.

Hmm I'm doubtful of that. Hope it actually does help and not just waste electricity.

What are you doubtful of?

Basic biology is that form equals function. If the way a protein folds can be determined than the function can be more easily determined also.

I do it because I dont like wrinkles and the clothes just take up less space when Folded, That couple with appearance is everything and it's just good practice to keep things tidy and orderly...LOL

With or without starch?  Starch is made from proteins  :)

Hmm I'm doubtful of that. Hope it actually does help and not just waste electricity.

Basic biology is that form equals function. If the way a protein folds can be determined than the function can be more easily determined also.

I'm not doubtful of biology, I have no idea where you got that idea from. I'm doubtful that folding does much, I'm sure labs have more advanced simulation and models that do a better job. Maybe an article would help to convince me.

I'm not doubtful of biology, I have no idea where you got that idea from. I'm doubtful that folding does much, I'm sure labs have more advanced simulation and models that do a better job. Maybe an article would help to convince me.

The thing is the distributed computing is hundreds of times more efficient for the uni than any advanced lab/computers they could ever get.

I think I should probably be posting this in a different place as I do not want to hijack the current discussion; I'm very new to folding (only about a week in to it) and I'm really just looking for advice or tips to get the most performance I can while not destroying my system in the process. Is there someone who could help me set up my clients properly or just give me some tips that could boost my productivity?

Edit: how are you guys using those folding banners in your signatures, they look pretty cool and informative :)

Edited by Lackadaisical