OCC Checks Out Performance in Mafia II

Nemo

OCC reviewer ccokeman has a tough job. Really. Sometimes he's forced to play games for hours on end to judge the performance of new upcoming releases. Check out what he discovered in the Mafia II Performance Preview - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/mafia_ii_preview/

no dedicated cards? Still a good performance preview.

Frank uses a GTX 260 with the three GTX 400 cards. He tests PhysX with and without a second card for NVIDIA and then the ATI cards are simply without one.

Nice performance test for a sweet game. Makes me want to get a dedicated card just for PhysX. :lol:

Wow this game looks very cool. Was the first one any good?

It was. Scored very highly on reviews and was overall a really great game. It was released back in 2002 though so the graphics will be a bit dated.

I played the Demo and loved it. I'm going to buy a dedicated PhysX Card JUST for this game. I have a feeling though, my 4890 won't be able to handle it as the review shows that PhysX drains the hardware by a nice bunch. :thumbsup: For great game and preview!

Edited by saywhut

no dedicated cards? Still a good performance preview.

Frank uses a GTX 260 with the three GTX 400 cards. He tests PhysX with and without a second card for NVIDIA and then the ATI cards are simply without one.

Nice performance test for a sweet game. Makes me want to get a dedicated card just for PhysX. :lol:

:withstupid:

Not sure if that answers your question CowKing :dunno: