Top 10 Lan Games?

Guest Redemption_merged

Guest Redemption

So Im a big LAN guy. I throw them all the time at my place. The problem is, many of my constituents do not have the "greatest rigs" so when we LAN the games are usually restricted to SC (starcraft for you n00bs) and CS 1.6 (Counterstrike 1.6) dont get me wrong, these are great games. but it gets boring just playing these games for 7 hours straight. Im trying to get quake 3 in there and am now in the market for some new games.

so now i would like to see what games you fellow nerds would like to nominate. PLease try and suggest 10, but if you cant do ten then thats fine. But try to keep these things in mind

game play enjoyability (needs to be high)

file size (around the 100 mgb- 700 mgb range)

system requirements ( so that a 1.4 celeron processor can run it with minimal ram)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jedi Knight games (outcast and academy) are lots of fun, playerbase used to be amazing, not as great anymore. Diablo is pretty popular, never really been able to get into it too much though. Drawing a blank for other games though.

1st UT have a bug in it when playing on a 64bit system

al my friend that had 32bit cpu were running hte game fine, since i had the bigger machine they asked my the run the server, i had to put speed to the minimum if i wanted to play normaly, but every other buds speed here was slow has hell

i had to play in software mode 1024*768 with detail @ high to slow down the cpu and have the same game speed has other player

otherwise i was moving realy fast and then stop for a couple of sec and then move to the oposite of the map at the lightning speed,

1. Cod2

2. FarCry

3. HL2 CTF

4. CSS

5. AOE 2 (if you like RTS)

6. Quake 3

7. Delta Force Extreme (LOL its really cheezy but kinda fun)