The Hive

Muchoman1

Let me just understand this right fast....

1. 9 WATERBLOCKS............
  2. 9 waterblocks
  3. when will pics be here

well, yes, 9 waterblocks, plus the gpu waterblocks :evilgrin:

pics will be here when i get the parts. im getting all my stuff from america, due to the pricing, ill save over a grand by buying it there and shipping it here.

the 680s are apparently coming on the 23rd ( heres hoping) when they come out im buying it all off newegg, shipping it to frozen cpu, who are then shipping it all to me. so probably 2 weeks after purchase i will have them.

there will be many a pics, dont you worry

Same paths you have currently and split before pumps and join after mobo with y connectors. To make it smoother than a 4 way splitter you will need two either side.

It should be possible but it wouldn't be too good for your chipset cooling. Water will have the greatest flow where there is the least resistance which just so happens to be going through only two ram block... Can you even get a 2 dimm ram waterblock? never seen them myself.

well for the 2 dimm waterblocks, i will be using the 4 dimm ek ones, so they wil be centered on the 2 dimms. may look a little odd, but it will be badass all the same.

working out the mobo cooling is a pain

well, here is the revised plan for the loop

sr-xrevision.jpg

the yellow loop will be the main pump, servicing the dual cpus, and the whole mobo, flowing from right to left

the blue loop will be the secondary pump, with the output split in two, each one running through 2 ram blocks before rejoining. to keep resistance the same i will also use the same amount of tubing on either side, so they are identical

then the blue loop will go into a y joiner then that and the yellow will join before going into the rad, then to the res

how does this look to you guys? any tips or thoughts?

What CPU blocks are you using? Relatively high-flow blocks or impingement-type? If the latter, you may need to rethink your plumbing.

Another option would be:

Pump #1 - CPU #1, VRM #1, and RAM #1 and #2

Pump #2 - CPU #2, VRM #2, and RAM #3 and #4

Pump #3 - Mobo block, GPU #1, GPU #2

That way you keep restriction down on the CPU loop and both loops should perform identically in terms of flow. Then, the GPU loop (since GPU blocks are relatively high-flow to start with) takes care of the motherboard block.

Does that make sense? I know routing would be a nightmare but I'd definitely go this way to keep things simple.

What CPU blocks are you using? Relatively high-flow blocks or impingement-type? If the latter, you may need to rethink your plumbing.

Another option would be:

Pump #1 - CPU #1, VRM #1, and RAM #1 and #2

Pump #2 - CPU #2, VRM #2, and RAM #3 and #4

Pump #3 - Mobo block, GPU #1, GPU #2

That way you keep restriction down on the CPU loop and both loops should perform identically in terms of flow. Then, the GPU loop (since GPU blocks are relatively high-flow to start with) takes care of the motherboard block.

Does that make sense? I know routing would be a nightmare but I'd definitely go this way to keep things simple.

I'm most likely going ek for my blocks. As they are the only manufacturer who make the mobo and ram blocks i'm using. so for the cpu blocks I'll use ek hf blocks, the en nickel ones.

I like that loop idea, it also means I can put each cpu loop on a rad of its own if I need to, cause the fans are already there and I can get these rads real cheap.

For my gpu loop I will probably have two or three 680s, with ek full cover blocks. So would a single 480 MM read be enough for 3 680s (assume 580 heat output), plus the mobo? I'm going to be using hw labs gtx rads