Is anyone keeping up with the new "Google Glass" ?

i just got in from a long trip and was browsing around on the web and came across the "Google Glass" controversy, and well the whole thing is news to me...

GOOGLE GLASS

I've been keeping an eye on it. Looks like an interesting application of the technology, but at this stage, I don't feel it's particularly viable. If you're looking for a bit of humour, here's a parody that was made fairly early on. It does have some interesting points too.

Article is too long for me to read ( :lol: ), but if it's referring to the legality/privacy issues, then yes I've heard about them and discussed it with others. It's great if used legitimately, but there would be no way to control its use and there's absolutely no way Google would be found liable. Though people can currently use their phones to record, or even those sports-cams, using those are often blatant, where with Google Glass, you never know if someone's recording you.

I think it's cool from a technical standpoint, but I don't see it taking off....and that's not even to mention the price.

Article is too long for me to read ( :lol: ), but if it's referring to the legality/privacy issues, then yes I've heard about them and discussed it with others. It's great if used legitimately, but there would be no way to control its use and there's absolutely no way Google would be found liable. Though people can currently use their phones to record, or even those sports-cams, using those are often blatant, where with Google Glass, you never know if someone's recording you.

I think it's cool from a technical standpoint, but I don't see it taking off....and that's not even to mention the price.

yea long andrew ! ...but what i don't get is why everyone is getting all paranoid all of a sudden when big brother has been keeping track of us for years,...i mean cmon now, isn't somebody already watching already ?

I've been keeping an eye on it. Looks like an interesting application of the technology, but at this stage, I don't feel it's particularly viable. If you're looking for a bit of humour, here's a parody that was made fairly early on. It does have some interesting points too.

funny stuff euro !! lol

yea long andrew ! ...but what i don't get is why everyone is getting all paranoid all of a sudden when big brother has been keeping track of us for years,...i mean cmon now, isn't somebody already watching already ?

It's not so much about big brother, but the public....having videos of yourself posted on YouTube without your consent, or photos on FB, etc.

It seems there's quite an uproar in the works over Google Glass. A number of places are already banning them including McDonalds, strip clubs and theaters.

http://www.techoftomorrow.com/2013/mobile/google-glass-banned-by-food-chain-giant-mcdonalds/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2320880/Could-Google-Glass-BANNED-public-places-goes-sale-Experts-warn-legal-brawl-privacy-issues.html

I've grumbled about these stupid things since their idea. I don't need people easily posting video of me doing whatever...

Sure post it if you can get it with your phone, but I sure as hell don't want people constantly capturing video of whatever. Sure it has it's pro's but I don't want it...

In today's world, I consider much of what we see on TV to be brain washing. How much easier would it be to directly input data into the brain center using Google glasses? My guess is "not much". I, for one, will never use such a device. Too tempting for Big Brother - 1984. And, yes, I am a big pessimist when it comes to government.

In today's world, I consider much of what we see on TV to be brain washing. How much easier would it be to directly input data into the brain center using Google glasses? My guess is "not much". I, for one, will never use such a device. Too tempting for Big Brother - 1984. And, yes, I am a big pessimist when it comes to government.

Google isn't the government.

. Too tempting for Big Brother - 1984. And, yes, I am a big pessimist when it comes to government.

me too bro, me too, but from my limited futuristic viewpoint, something like this could turn out to be another branch of the techno-human evolution,...imagine say, navy seals with google glass type tech embedded in the skull, along with implanted processor and wifi capability (borg style)...don't say i couldn't happen...

...and yea tv is corporate advertiser brainwashing, that's why i don't watch it... use the "OFF BUTTON" and your life will become simpler...

me too bro, me too, but from my limited futuristic viewpoint, something like this could turn out to be another branch of the techno-human evolution,...imagine say, navy seals with google glass type tech embedded in the skull, along with implanted processor and wifi capability (borg style)...don't say i couldn't happen...

...and yea tv is corporate advertiser brainwashing, that's why i don't watch it... use the "OFF BUTTON" and your life will become simpler...

"Damn, we're out of range of the WiFi"

"Seriously bro? Are you kidding me?"

"Yes boys. Command, mission abort, mission abort!"

Battle plans would be so much easier too; forget flanking and all that rubbish. We're just gonna take out the router.