New Steam Badges, Cards and Ratings

Stonerboy779

Is there an option to turn this off?

It's actually pretty annoying.

:P

uh huh...plus one...where's the off button ?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put up summer camp cards "prison architect" & "kerbal space program" for sale as i had dupes. both sold within 2min. pocketed $0.35. Wooo! :teehee:

my inventory

if anyone has walking dead cards 2 or 5 i'd be willing to take them off your hands :D

Is there any way to know what a badge provides ahead of time or is it random?

it appears to be random

Edited by bilcliff

I just got a CS: Go booster pack but I dont have all the card drops yet. Do they just give you random booster packs as long as one game is complete?

So long as your level is high enough, booster packs are a random drop.

I wish the XP/ratings were tied in more with Steam Achievements than these stupid random Trading Cards. I don't want to spend all day gaming the marketplace. It's annoying because all I want it a profile background, but I don't feel like fussing with trading/marketplace just to get the cards I need to craft. They should have at least provided some free profile backgrounds. Not like I haven't spent enough money on Steam :rolleyes:

You can buy backgrounds in the market place, I just bought a Trine 2 background for $0.05. :D

Cheaper than any of the cards by $0.20. :lol:

Edit: It does seem to vary a lot though, I was thinking about getting a Skyrim background as well and prices are all over the place for those, some cheap, some not.

Edited by Deathmineral

I wish the XP/ratings were tied in more with Steam Achievements than these stupid random Trading Cards. I don't want to spend all day gaming the marketplace. It's annoying because all I want it a profile background, but I don't feel like fussing with trading/marketplace just to get the cards I need to craft. They should have at least provided some free profile backgrounds. Not like I haven't spent enough money on Steam :rolleyes:

You can buy backgrounds in the market place, I just bought a Trine 2 background for $0.05. :D

Cheaper than any of the cards by $0.20. :lol:

Edit: It does seem to vary a lot though, I was thinking about getting a Skyrim background as well and prices are all over the place for those, some cheap, some not.

yeah i found that out. I sold a bunch of cards I had the same and bought the needed ones (kinda broke even). All you get is a a emotion and a background.. save your cards / selling them and just buy the backgrounds.

This whole card thing is confusing. Are they good for anything useful? Or does it just add to your level? I could care less about what my Steam level is so if that's all they do I'll probably just sell them.

This whole card thing is confusing. Are they good for anything useful? Or does it just add to your level? I could care less about what my Steam level is so if that's all they do I'll probably just sell them.

Crafting provides XP to level up as well as an emoticon and/or profile background.

+1 also the higher the Level the more likely booster packs and rare things will drop. i've been getting a bunch of stuff in TF2 and before I was play for hours and get nothing.

+1 also the higher the Level the more likely booster packs and rare things will drop. i've been getting a bunch of stuff in TF2 and before I was play for hours and get nothing.

Interesting...I know that every 10 levels you increase your chance of getting booster packs, but I didn't know it affects item drops in games like TF2/Dota2.

And so it begins...

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the plus side, badges equating to tangible in-game rewards means the cards for said that game will most likely be valued higher on the market. On the other hand, I certainly don't like content being held back. As long as the content is aesthetic and/or available for purchase without crafting cards, I guess it's okay.

So how long before L5 TF2 Badge gives a hat or L5 BL2 Badge gives a skin?