GTX 670sli problems

prior going to sli, ive been running on a single asus gtx670 with my old gtx580 serving as physx

but wen i installed another gtx670 (identical) for sli, i couldnt activate the sli mode. the system crashes whenever

i try to actvate it. i took out the 580 and it still happens.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys!

Hmmm thats more than enough power and the mobo is Sli compatiable. Have you tried updating the Bios? 

have u tried both 670s alone to see if they work?

yup they're both working alone.. havent tried going for a bios update though.

il try it later when i get home later ;)

but if it doesnt, are there any other possible culprits?

thanks guys! did everything you mentioned, replaced SLI bridge, and flashed the BIOS, even changed the power cables just to be sure.

its working perfectly now. hmm, planning to make a fresh install of everything since i think i made a mess of those nvdia drivers :))

Glad to hear it's sorted Chris.  Fresh installs are always nice.  It's kind of like putting on a clean pair of boxers after you get out of the shower in the morning (after four days otherwise  :))

thanks guys! did everything you mentioned, replaced SLI bridge, and flashed the BIOS, even changed the power cables just to be sure.

its working perfectly now. hmm, planning to make a fresh install of everything since i think i made a mess of those nvdia drivers :))

Yes, you should reinstall the OS or you can install CCleaner to clean up the mess of nvidia drivers.