[Solved] LINKSYS WRT54G- Doesn't Work

---EDIT: Trying to simplify this post: Only 2 ports are relevant: input and output.

The following ports are the one I connect my MODEM to:

If connected to router's input; Modem detects, computer does not.

If connected to router's output; computer detects, modem does not.

Wherever the modem is connected, I connect the desktop computer to the very next port, which is either first output, or second output.

Last working condition: I had it used as a secondary router: The wireless switch for the ground floor of my house.

I cannot reset it, unplug and 90 second reset button hold still leaves it in this condition.

It DOES receive power.

---Basically, the issue is that it's "stuck" as a switch, but my new modem doesn't detect the upstream signal when the ethernet cable is plugged into the first output port.. But my PC doesn't detect downstream signal when the input is connected to the proper input port (from modem.)

I hope I didn't make this too confusing.. I'm basically just trying to get this thing out of switch mode, but I can't log into it or reset it to defaults. Anyone know how to fix this? Because I'm using my crappy backup router which automatically switches to wireless B because that's what my girlfriend's phone uses, which means I end up with an incredibly slow wireless network, instead of having the wireless G and B seperately.

Edited by dragonsdontfly

---EDIT: Trying to simplify this post: Only 2 ports are relevant: input and output.

The following ports are the one I connect my MODEM to:

If connected to router's input; Modem detects, computer does not.

If connected to router's output; computer detects, modem does not.

Wherever the modem is connected, I connect the desktop computer to the very next port, which is either first output, or second output.

Last working condition: I had it used as a secondary router: The wireless switch for the ground floor of my house.

I cannot reset it, unplug and 90 second reset button hold still leaves it in this condition.

It DOES receive power.

---Basically, the issue is that it's "stuck" as a switch, but my new modem doesn't detect the upstream signal when the ethernet cable is plugged into the first output port.. But my PC doesn't detect downstream signal when the input is connected to the proper input port (from modem.)

I hope I didn't make this too confusing.. I'm basically just trying to get this thing out of switch mode, but I can't log into it or reset it to defaults. Anyone know how to fix this? Because I'm using my crappy backup router which automatically switches to wireless B because that's what my girlfriend's phone uses, which means I end up with an incredibly slow wireless network, instead of having the wireless G and B seperately.

I have the same problem with two of these boxes. I set them as switches no i can't change them back. They work as switches but cannot be detected by the computer.

Bump:

30/30/30 didn't work.

Something I should've mentioned before: The 2nd port light is always on, even when nothing is plugged into any of the ports. 1st port now seems completely dead since 30/30/30.

I just stripped it out to use as a hiding place. Wired in the LED lights and stripped the rest. Now the front just pulls off for secret storage.

Edited by dragonsdontfly