Qpi/dram voltage?

Ok i overclocked my i7 920 to 3.2 and it pass prime95 for 1 hour test

Cpu ratio 20

Bclk frequency 160

cpu voltage 1.23750

Qpi link to lowest setting

My corsair 1600mhz is still running at 1600mhz (put 1333mhz value with OC came back yo 1600mhz )

Qpi/dram on auto

I keep reading on Qpi/dram voltage and can't have a straight answer.

What is the stock setting in bios for QPI?

What is the rule for this .5 volt difference of dram ( 1.65 )?

Is it safe to let it on auto?

Stock QPI voltage is 1.1 or 1.2V. I read it's recommended to keep DRAM and VTT voltage within 0.4V of eachother

I like tweaking voltages myself, because boards tend to set them a bit high when overclocking

QPI voltage is the voltage for the memory controllerthat is on the CPU. You want to keep the memory controller voltage and memory voltage with in .5 volts to prevent damage to the CPU/IMC. THe highest I have run the memory voltage has been 1.75 but had the QPI at 1.45 to get the latencies I wanted to run.

I never leave my QPI on auto because it tends to overvolt at lower speeds and never applies enough at higher speeds. My P6T Deluxe V2 sets the QPI to 1.375v on auto even when I'm running stock clocks, but only attempts to run 1.3875v at bclk of 200+. I've run my QPI at 1.5v for extended periods of time on all of my i7 systems and never had a problem, they're all stick ticking. I wouldn't recommend running it that high unless you have a very good water setup or better.

Thank for info guy's.

I finally get a stable result,ad to bump the QPI voltage to 1.3 to stay in windows and up to 1.35 to pass 1 hour of prime95.

But i made a bump to 1.3250 to 1.35 so maybe i could try lower to 1.34.

I read a lot of poeple are questioning these value and some say it not safe to run it that high or maybe motherboard manufacture set these default ( 1.2 ) too low.... because it take much more than that to get it post stable.

Is it safe to run those voltage 24/7 on QPI because my number is in purple on my mobo?

What is your setting on QPI voltage?

My daily runs with:

VCore: 1V

VDIMM: 1.55V

QPI: 1.1

With power saving stuff enabled..

Overclocking is another story though :P

VCore up to 1.5V, VDIMM 1.7, QPI 1.5V... I wouldn't run that 24/7 though

Intel's safe range for QPI on the i7 is 1.35v, so you will be perfectly fine running that voltage 24/7 if you wish. I wouldn't hesitate to run up to ~1.38v 24/7 if proper cooling is being used.

What is the max CPU overclock i can make for 24/7 use? 3.3mhz 3.4? with 1.25 on the vcore?

By the way i have lower my QPI/dram voltage to 1.33750 and it is stable at 3.2.

Edited by Rockrtx

Zertz

How can you run QPI/Dram at 1.1 volt?

My p6t don't go lower than 1.2 volt on manual setting?

Depends on boards actually. I use the EVGA as a daily, but the Asus I think starts at 1.2V

You can easily hit 3.2GHz with minimal increases, if any, on voltages. Can,t really tell a max overclock as that depends a lot on your CPU. For 24/7 use, you will be temperature limited more than anything. What heatsink are you running?

I would be comfortable to run up to 1.35V daily, even 1.4V assuming proper cooling

Edited by Zertz

On 1.25 it really depends on how well your chip can run at that voltage. I have seen screen shots of 4.0 but stable at that speed is another thing. I can boot into windows at 1.31 on one of my 920s but it takkes 1.375 to be stable at 4.0 and 1.40 to be stable at 4.1. The board flakes out over a 215 baseclock so far. will have to ge better cooling on the mosfets and NB to go higher methinks. I run 1.40 on the core, 1.475 on the QPI and 1.65 on the memory right now and all the parts are happily working....Still. Oh its under water as well.

What is the max CPU overclock i can make for 24/7 use? 3.3mhz 3.4? with 1.25 on the vcore?

The voltage required will also depend on the amount of memory installed , its speed and CAS setting. I have one 920 that runs 200x20 with the memory at 1600MHz at 1.26V. But with the memory at 2000MHz the CPU requires 1.32V.