OCC Threat Issue Again

Onion

I can't see Onion's picture (guessing Image Shack) but I tried looking at OCC from home and was getting a threat warning OCC's main forum page saying a trojan was infecting it ...but if you followed its directions it said there were no reported incidents against OCC.  Yet it still wouldn't let me view the forums most of the time.  Sometimes I could go to the forums, browse one section of it and then return to the main forum page and it would kick me out again.  :vmad: I figured my AV was whining that maybe OCC had a license expire since it was the turn of the year, but I googled and found out someone using the same AV said their own personal site was flagged and it was this line causing it:  document.write(eaddr);.  Odd that it never complained till the turn of the year. 

Reminded me why I don't surf the web from home and why I hate Anti-Virus programs.  Uninstalled that PoS.

Easier said than done on a mobile browser without the option of desktop view.

You must have an old phone, but it is easier modifying signatures and settings from a desktop.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't see Onion's picture (guessing Image Shack) but I tried looking at OCC from home and was getting a threat warning OCC's main forum page saying a trojan was infecting it ...but if you followed its directions it said there were no reported incidents against OCC.  Yet it still wouldn't let me view the forums most of the time.  Sometimes I could go to the forums, browse one section of it and then return to the main forum page and it would kick me out again.  :vmad: I figured my AV was whining that maybe OCC had a license expire since it was the turn of the year, but I googled and found out someone using the same AV said their own personal site was flagged and it was this line causing it:  document.write(eaddr);.  Odd that it never complained till the turn of the year. 

Reminded me why I don't surf the web from home and why I hate Anti-Virus programs.  Uninstalled that PoS.

Easier said than done on a mobile browser without the option of desktop view.

You must have an old phone, but it is easier modifying signatures and settings from a desktop.

My profile pic is either photobucket or uploaded to OCC, I'm not too sure.

Its not an old phone, its just an unstable jellybean ROM with a user that doesn't have time to work out the kinks yet.