Anyone heard of Apotop?

I just noticed some Apotop 2x4GB's at Newegg, and searching around, they also have some SSD's in the market. No professional reviews on any of their products, though.

Certainly have not heard of them. I'm unable to find a Wikipedia page for the company, and going to the company website causes Webroot to warn me about malicious software threats being reported by other users. Additionally, their Facebook page seems to have little English on it. But, from what I was able to gather, Apotop is a brand by Carry Technology Co. Ltd, with the latter supposedly established in 1991.

Seems like a cheaper brand for sure, but I could be totally wrong. I'm simply making that assumption based on the limited amount of information available about the company itself, and the newness of their products into the mainstream market.

Isn't the actual memory chips technically actually only made by like 3 or 4 companies then most manufacturers just use their own pcb?

PCB and default timings matter a lot. Companies like this tend to use rejects from other vendors.

Isn't the actual memory chips technically actually only made by like 3 or 4 companies then most manufacturers just use their own pcb?

PCB and default timings matter a lot. Companies like this tend to use rejects from other vendors.

That is how they keep their costs down.

Though if they can still run at the speeds and timings they advertise than we still win then and technically we're recycling! :lol: