Supreme Court to Judge on Gaming

Dariuas

http://www.overclockersclub.com/news/26881/

Violence in video games has been a big question in political minds around the globe,

now, the powers that be will make a final decision on video games.

Do you believe video games are the cause of video game violence?

Do you think the government should have the right to regulate video games?

Do you think video games are a form of art?

Lets hear your thoughts!

We all knew this was coming, it was just a matter of time. If art and movies are considered to be covered by free-speech then why not video games?

Watch though, as the case ends up screwing the video game industry. At least they get a VERRRY strong group of supporters!

Ya this is so flippin stupid.

If you are doing it for games then you might as well do it for Movies, Music, Cars, Computers, Facebook, Twitter, MSN, Boxing, MMA, Hockey, etc and thing else that could cause violence. Might as well get rid of the Miltary and police officers while your at it.

Lawsuits and court battles never cease to amaze me. :mad:

Your in Canada so your safe.....for the time being :ph34r:

Edit: HAHA snaged your post

I hit the wrong button :(

Ya this is so flippin stupid.

If you are doing it for games then you might as well do it for T.V, Movies, Music, Cars, Computers, Facebook, Twitter, MSN, Boxing, MMA, Hockey, etc and thing else that could cause violence. Might as well get rid of the Miltary and police officers while your at it.

Lawsuits and court battles never cease to amaze me. :mad:

Your in Canada so your safe.....for the time being :ph34r:

Edit: HAHA snaged your post

Ya but our stupid goverment seems to follow whatever the US does so I am sure it wouldn't take long to pass here either :glare:

yes(video game violence yes. real world violence no) :P

no

yes

Just going to quote him for my answers since he already explained what I would have said to that first question. :D

The idea that a game like GTA can cause people to be violent is pretty funny in my opinion seeing as how the locations that GTA games are based on are already known for their violence, if anything it's the real world that brings violence to video games, I mean games didn't come first, we made them long after violence occurred. That's just how I see it anyway, I've never felt video games make me a violent person.

The second question is hard to answer because I think it could depend on the kind of government and economy a country goes by. As for my own country, U.S., I don't think they should be allowed to regulate games.

As for the third question, definitely, not sure how to expand on it but I would definitely call it an art.

poor Northern United States :(

Northern United States? So there's a south and north again? Civil War for video games? I like the sound of that... :D

Northern United States? So there's a south and north again? Civil War for video games? I like the sound of that... :D

I'm waiting for the day we annex Canada. :P:lol:

Anyways...

if video games caused violent or abnormal behavior in anyone who played it, we'd all be tripping out on mushrooms, slamming our heads into random bricks that hover in the air, and trying to eat flowers in order to shoot fireballs from our fingers.

Anyone who thinks video games cause crazy behavior is just forgetting their childhood and what an imagination is. Video games are an escape from whatever we want for a few hours at a time. Lousy job? Go play Call of Duty for a bit and take it out on online avatars. In-laws visit for a week? See the escape for lousy job. Sure, it may be different than using our imagination to get away from stress/anger/boredom, but aren't video games created from the imaginations of the designers?

I don't know about you guys, but I play video games to help me unwind after a long day. Some people read books, others watch movies, some draw, but I play video games. There is almost nothing better than to lose yourself in a video game for a few hours and just get drawn into its world and believe you are making a difference for the characters in it.

I'm waiting for the day we annex Canada. :P:lol:

Anyways...

if video games caused violent or abnormal behavior in anyone who played it, we'd all be tripping out on mushrooms, slamming our heads into random bricks that hover in the air, and trying to eat flowers in order to shoot fireballs from our fingers.

Anyone who thinks video games cause crazy behavior is just forgetting their childhood and what an imagination is. Video games are an escape from whatever we want for a few hours at a time. Lousy job? Go play Call of Duty for a bit and take it out on online avatars. In-laws visit for a week? See the escape for lousy job. Sure, it may be different than using our imagination to get away from stress/anger/boredom, but aren't video games created from the imaginations of the designers?

I don't know about you guys, but I play video games to help me unwind after a long day. Some people read books, others watch movies, some draw, but I play video games. There is almost nothing better than to lose yourself in a video game for a few hours and just get drawn into its world and believe you are making a difference for the characters in it.

Amen brother. You pretty much said what I was thinking.

Always those right wing nutjobs blaming music movies and video games for our societies problems. They really need to start pointing fingers at the real problem theses kids's parents, maybe if parents actually watched their kids instead of making the television into a babysitter they would know that their kid has problems and if they would actually help them with their problems instead of making them worse these things would not happen, but no the parents insist that it was the Eminem cd that made their kid burn down the house next door, or Home Alone for their kid throwing bricks at and killing his friend, why we are at it lets blame the Mars corporation for rotting our teeth, and Wal-Mart for selling the air duster that our kid overdosed on, or Budweiser for the drunk driver that killed someone. I could go on but I think you see my point.

Edited by slick2500

(continued from the main page article)

Then it's the peoples duty to push back. 'merica style. B)

Heh, protests, demonstrations, mobs, petitions, people climbing on buildings and planes with banners.. at best all it'll do is get a small article in some newspaper. (not even front page, thats reserved for celeb scandals and sport) Were not allowed to even carry a knife longer then what 2 inches? never mind flipping Sniper rifles like you lot :P