Need OC help fx8150

I might get flamed for this... But i like to use and suggest powerful single GPU's over 2X midrange GPU's.

SLI And crossfireX should be done if you know the games you have will benifet from them...

No thats the best advise. SLI is good when you have top end card and cannot go any further (LOL then the next release comes). SLI scales very well nowaday compared to the old days.

Edited by Drdeath

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get the single 680.As far as PSUs are concerned OCC has a great PSU list.

Edit: Here it is:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=63579

If you want just one card, then a Corsair 650 TX will do great. If , however , you plan on putting in another 680 in SLI later (which in a few years will be quite a great idea really since you will still have a top of the line PC for gaming with 2 of those) then nVidia suggests a 750 watt PSU - so a corsair 750 TX. However, I suggest an 850TX if you plan on overclocking your entire rig and adding ssd's and what not.

Edited by Rofltroll

850-900watt would be more than plenty

Single rail is better in design as its idiot proof and easy to work with.

There are plenty of other things I look for but a good quality PSU from a reputable brand rated 850 or above will be perfect for you.

Oh ok thanks!

I just overclocked my computer, and it wasnt stable so i reset the cmos settings and formatted and stuff, working with a fresh computer, i ran prime 95 on stock everything, fresh, i crashed in 3 minutes. Can i get some help here please?

I reset the CMos values by pulling out the battery and waiting a minute, put it back in, so it should be yes

The default values aren't always the correct ones though. If it didn't set your memory timings or voltage properly you could easily see instability.

Can your memory pass memtest?

Sorry. :P

This memtest: http://www.memtest.org/

You can download the ISO and burn it to a flash drive or CD then boot from it. It'll do a pretty exhaustive memory test. If you can make it through at least 2 complete passes without any errors then your issue is probably not your RAM. :cheers: