FX 6300 OC questions

Carterjj

I dont have any links but the 8350 stuff will work because its the same core "Vishera" but 2 cores are missing/cut.  Just make sure to keep the vcore below 1.425 as thats the upper limit and it will get really hot.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the settings I'm using with my fx-6300 at 4GHz with 1.35v

Ran prime95 64bit for 12hrs without errors, temp was always under 60

Edited by Qu4k3r

Idk if its the mobo difference but at 3.8ghz I'm only running 1.19v max and 1.09v min. Forgive me because I am extremely new to Overclocking and have a very limited knowledge of how CPUs work. I feel like I need to take a step back and take a course in basic Overclocking lol.

There are just so many fine tuning adjustments in my bios that its really confusing because I only understand a quarter of them. I followed a guide to get to 4.5ghz on a 6300 but I don't think my cooler is good enough to reach that at 1.42v. Seems like it just gets to hot to fast. My goal is to OC until I hit around 60c

There are just so many fine tuning adjustments in my bios that its really confusing because I only understand a quarter of them. I followed a guide to get to 4.5ghz on a 6300 but I don't think my cooler is good enough to reach that at 1.42v. Seems like it just gets to hot to fast. My goal is to OC until I hit around 60c

I can take some screen shots of my bios and post them here to give you a reference to start ocing. You also have a Sabertooth R2 correct?

Edited by slick2500