Headset recommendations !

Justhavocman

The last plantronics headseat I bought only lasted 6 months before the left side completely cut out.

I've been using this one for quite some time now and I love it, the cord is a tad long but it comes with its own velcro cable tie. I know it says for Xbox360 but it works perfect for the pc. http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/pc-headsets/ear-force-x12/56

These actually look pretty darn good! Read some reviews , they are comfortable and have everything i'm looking for in a headset :D

Funny thing that the TBs came up.  I've got one of their older headsets that I've used with my PC before.  They are connected to my HTPC now - but I was perfectly happy when I used them for movie watching, music listening and gaming on my PC.

I also totally forgot about Turtle Beach headsets. I also have a Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400, which you can use with an existing dedicated sound card, but don't need to. The XP400 is a bit more expensive, though. TB's make some good headsets, and are pretty comfortable.

I want to chime in on this and add http://www.amazon.com/Genius-GX-Gaming-Cavimanus-Virtual-HS-G700V/dp/B008EQ1FVU. It's the headset won in the OCC Christmas contest. Don't let it's cheap price mislead you, the quality is there. I have an unusually large head, and wear glasses. Headphones usually make my ears and head ache after a short period of time. Not with these. The cups fit over my ears and comfortably against my head as not to press on my glasses. I've worn them for a couple 3+ hour stretches so far with no discomfort. They have a 40mm driver, but also have a "vibration" feature to simulate low frequency response. I thought it would be gimmicky, but the effect it has on everything from gaming, music, and movies is very impressive. I put in Transformers, and during the scene in Qatar, when the A-10s are firing at the enemy with the rotary cannons, just blew me away. I "felt" each round being fired. The mic is rather short, and folds away (this is how you mute it.) The only drawback I've found is when listening to loud music or such, the mic tends to pick it up and your conversation partners can hear it as well. The cable is 8+ feet long.