Is my Memory Controller shot?

Have you tried bumping the DRAM voltage yet?  Sometimes as sticks get older they might need a little more juice to run the same speed and timing.  Otherwise you could try Waco's suggestion and reduce frequency or increase primary timings.

Sure, I'll give that a try, too. But they do test fine when run individually or when in the same channel. it's when they're run in dual channel is when I get errors  :dunno:

Sure, I'll give that a try, too. But they do test fine when run individually or when in the same channel. it's when they're run in dual channel is when I get errors  :dunno:

Yes, your problem sounds like a problem with motherboard, but the BIOS code signifies unstable DRAM voltage.

Update time!

Ran the sticks at the lowest frequency (200MHz) and they passed.

Upped the frequency to 266MHz, the had one error in the 6th pass.

Currently testing at 333MHz.

Voltage constant: always set to Auto (which i believe defaults to 1.85V)

So could this be a voltage issue where, when run in dual channel, the mobo isn't supplying the rated voltage to the sticks?

Hence the recommendation to bump DRAM voltage a tad.  And now armed with the information that DRAM voltage is currently set to "Auto" in the BIOS.  That's normally a no-brainer anyway.  Always manually set your DRAM voltage and four primary memory timings to the values shown on the stickers affixed the the memory module.

Don't be afraid to bump the DRAM voltage up to as much as .05v over the factory recommended setting if that gets them stable at their rated speed and timing.  The fact that reducing speed to 266Mhz resulted in Memtest passing tells me that a DRAM voltage bump may cure your ills.

So could this be a voltage issue where, when run in dual channel, the mobo isn't supplying the rated voltage to the sticks?

Yes, it could be, and from the condition you have posted, it looks more like it.

Well, i manually set Freq and timings to 400MHz 6-6-6-18.

the sticks' rated voltage is 1.8V... and the lowest the mobo goes is 1.85V, but i pushed on with voltage anyway.

I dared as much as 1.91250V (increments of 0.00625V, ~6.25mV), nothing really worked. 1.875V passed the first run, then errored somewhere in the second.

Since I can't loosen timings any further, I'm testing atm at 333MHz @ 1.9V, if that passes then I'll lower voltage and find what that likes.

At this point, I'll prob end up just running the memory in single channel and not worry about it.