GTX 600s might release in April

Prunes

I can't say to much BUT.........................................

The timing may or may not be off by that much :whistling:

As for the price and performance I think there may or may not be some jaw's dropping. :whistling:

AMD may or may not have to be forced to lower their prices a lot :whistling:

I guess we will just have to wait and see :)

As for the price and performance I think there may or may not be some jaw's dropping. :whistling:

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

I am totally up for a GTX 680/GTX 780 (Do we know for sure that they aren't skipping the 6xx series name for the high end desktop keplers?)

It will totally be overkill for my single 1920x1080 screen, but hey, I wouldn't mind being able force 8x super sampling AA on everything. :thumbsup:

If the 7970s come down in price significantly, I could go that way too, but I would rather have nVidia's drivers and Physx.

Edited by 90sgamer
  • Like 1

Dave, I think you need to apply for a position with Canadian Intelligence. :P:lol:

I'm hopeful the GTX 660 has a good price/performance ratio. More than 1GB of VRAM wouldn't hurt either, nor would lower temps.

Unless nVidia comes in with a slower product I can see the Kepler launch also being the launch of a price war. To be honest I am a little sad with AMD, they have forsaken their roots, well at least the roots they claimed to be building on with the Phenom and the 3800 series, and that is the idea of keeping prices low and having the best bang for the buck. They have completely lost this position with the FX processor but that was a design flaw. With the 7900 and 7700 series they have a solid piece of hardware but they are priced higher than they should be in comparision to the previous generations and their own release history. I understand they are taking advanatge of the fact that there is no direct competition in raw performance for the price points, not really true of the 7700 series but oh well. However for all their mantra about being about the experience at a reasonable price they have pretty much thrown that out the window this round for cash in while we can mentality. It will be interesting to see how they price the 7800 series, while the 7850 should be priced around $225 I am betting based on what we have seen to date a card hitting $250 to $275 being much more likely.

As for the Kepler realse, nVidia needs to get moving, the tax season shopping sprees for a lot of geeks is drawing to a close in about 2 months, they HAVE to get their card out soon or a lot of these people will buy AMD because there is no new nVidia generation. Yeah I know they should wait but seriously how many of us really do? The money literally burns a hole in our pockets.IF they can hit by the first of April with a card that matchs or beats AMD and is priced lower then AMD will have to dump pricing and the war will start.

For now we can pray and hope so that we all benefit.

Definitely looking forward to this day and seeing what exactly these cards will be capable of - and whether or not the lag of almost 4 months after the 7900 launch was worth it!

We will see :cheers: