No Power to OCZ ZT Series 650W

Did you alter the boot settings any when trying to run Memtest?

Good question.  I did make sure my USB thumb drive was listed as boot drive so I could run memtest, which I have not been able to do, so after reading your post, I inserted the thumb drive, and fired her up.  It took me to a DOS screen that said

I agree.  Time to move on.

Also, a cool little tool for anyone that doesn't have an onboard power switch.

Grab you an unused motherboard jumper.  Solder an insulated wire on the left post, solder an insulated wire on the right post.  Strip about 1/4" of insulation from the other end on each of the wires and throw it in your tool box.

In the future you can put the jumper on the +/- "PS" motherboard front panel pins.  Now just touch the two wires together.  No more fumbling with screw drivers or the like to start the motherboard.

There are some motherboard models that have the onboard power and reset switches, but often times you have to move up to the higher price points to get that nifty feature.  Like in your situation you would have had to go to the next board up (Sabretooth Z77) in order to get the onboard power and reset switches.

From an earlier post in this thread, it was mentioned that ASUS used to put onboard on switches on their boards, but have discontinued that.  I needed to hear the screwdriver advice from more than one source before I felt confident to actually do it.  Of course it all makes sense now, but if one doesn

There are some motherboard models that have the onboard power and reset switches, but often times you have to move up to the higher price points to get that nifty feature.  Like in your situation you would have had to go to the next board up (Sabretooth Z77) in order to get the onboard power and reset switches.

My other half

From an earlier post in this thread, it was mentioned that ASUS used to put onboard on switches on their boards, but have discontinued that.  I needed to hear the screwdriver advice from more than one source before I felt confident to actually do it.  Of course it all makes sense now, but if one doesn

That's why if you are not in touch with the latest technologies it is always advisable to come to forums and seeking suggestion from the guys who are always in touch.
That will help you to easily come over this kind of problem. :)

Edited by d6bmg