Occ Evaluates Far Cry 2 Performance

Nemo

Or that. But really, take your time. We're in no hurry. This little teaser you gave us is more than enough for us. Beats not knowing anything at all about the game.

Slightly off/on topic: The guy pictured in the character select screen is from the same country as me. That country being Yugoslavia, though not a country anymore. B:) :wub: Albeit different regions with him from Kosovo and me from eastern Croatia. I am going to have so much more fun playing Far Cry 2 because of that little bit! :lol:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't assume it's "not all that great" just from some screenies, videos, etc. without playing the real thing

Sure I can. I can assume it just as much as I'm going to assume COD5 will be a let down, that Chinese Democracy will be a crap album, or that McCain will make a crap President :P

Of course, I may be proved wrong - Of course I'm going to grab the demo and play it whenever it comes out, if it's better than I think it'll be, I'll be pleasantly surprised :D

Sure I can. I can assume it just as much as I'm going to assume COD5 will be a let down, that Chinese Democracy will be a crap album, or that McCain will make a crap President :P

lol I'm not even really looking forward to anymore COD games anymore. The settings feel repeated IMO, it's just getting old now

We didn't have enough time to test all cards we wanted you will see more and more cards being added as we get going.
I'd like to seem some backtracking as well. Since a lot of people still have last-gen cards, it'd be nice to see benches for the nvidia 8 series and ati x1900 series cards.

* Average Framerate: 23.47

* Max. Framerate: 33.07

* Min. Framerate: 17.64

1920x1200, All Very High Settings and no AA.

Plays smoothly, this game is like Stalker on steroids. I love it.

You got that with the rig in your sig?

I just picked up my copy of the game today during lunch (sadly I probably won't have time tonight to install it). My rig is slightly better than yours, so at 1650x1080, I may even be able to turn on some AA :D

Yea with rig in my sig. This game runs nicely. With 4x AA on it drops my fps to 17 fps. Not bad at all. I just ran it on all ultra high and got 20 fps avg, but then again I'm on Dx 9 and not Dx 10.

My friend has a Q6600 and 8800 GTS 640mb, he gets 30 fps with 4x AA at 1920x1080. 35 fps without AA on.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I'd like to seem some backtracking as well. Since a lot of people still have last-gen cards, it'd be nice to see benches for the nvidia 8 series and ati x1900 series cards.

You got that with the rig in your sig?

I just picked up my copy of the game today during lunch (sadly I probably won't have time tonight to install it). My rig is slightly better than yours, so at 1650x1080, I may even be able to turn on some AA :D

None of us have anything that old from ATI :lol: