Furmark Gpu Benchmark Scores [NEW]

Andrewr05

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new score 3488 http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/furmark_score_190.php?id=168492 cery, how did you get past 1000 gpu?..... i input higher numbers in afterburner, but when i hit the apply button it reverts back to 1000

Sounds like a BIOS limitation. Normally when that happens you need to flash to a different BIOS that doesn't limit the max clock speeds.

Sounds like a BIOS limitation. Normally when that happens you need to flash to a different BIOS that doesn't limit the max clock speeds.

i guess i'm a tard kp, i've never been able to successfully re-flash a video card.....i looked into it a couple of times but couldn't figure it out...if you know how to, then please feel free to explain the process....remember to talk slow cuz i'm old n on my last few good neurons...

i guess i'm a tard kp, i've never been able to successfully re-flash a video card.....i looked into it a couple of times but couldn't figure it out...if you know how to, then please feel free to explain the process....remember to talk slow cuz i'm old n on my last few good neurons...

Well...

Lol.

You would want to grab a rom that is known to be unlocked. For instance I am running the same rom on both my cards even though 1 is an MSI and the other is a something else (unbranded)...

You would then flash the BIOS to the card in DOS (yes Disk Operating System like in the old days).

Then you would use a software program (you said you were using Afterburner I think...) to find the highest stable clocks.

You would then edit the BIOS file to have the clocks that you found stable.

Then boot back into DOS and flash the card with the BIOS that you modified.

Now you have a video card that looks like its overclocked from the factory as you never have to mess with software to overclock it...it just always works.

Stock settings

i dont really want to start overclocking this just yet :)

Please re-read the URL of this website and adjust your post accordingly!! :P

Edited by krazypoloc

Isn't there that function in Afterburner to enable unofficial overclocking past CCC limits (CCC limits the overclock) ?

Here's my first run at 850 core, 1700 shader, 2200 mem

I need to see if I can't unlock my voltage, afterburner won't do it, but I know I should be able to. I have the ASUS DirectCU GTX460.

So I got my voltage unlocked, and clocked up to 950, with my mem running 2340, which is the highest the mem will go. Oddly, my FPS dropped... any ideas?

Edited by F13Bubba

Isn't there that function in Afterburner to enable unofficial overclocking past CCC limits (CCC limits the overclock) ?

Its not CCC thats limiting it, its the actual BIOS hard coded limitations that are holding him back.....

Here's my first run at 850 core, 1700 shader, 2200 mem

I need to see if I can't unlock my voltage, afterburner won't do it, but I know I should be able to. I have the ASUS DirectCU GTX460.

So I got my voltage unlocked, and clocked up to 950, with my mem running 2340, which is the highest the mem will go. Oddly, my FPS dropped... any ideas?

Usually when that happens its one of three things...

Your GPU is heating up too much and starting to throttle thermally.

Your PSU doesn't have enough or stable enough voltage to sustain the power draw. This could also include the PWM section of the GPU.

Your OC is not completely stable.

Edited by krazypoloc