PCB color affect performance and quality?

Lugia0529

What savour about geil dragon ram?

Black pcb with red LEDs and dragons :D YES! Dragons! :lol:

GeIL Black Dragon RAM is actually pretty damn awesome in every sense of the word. The Value Select (similar PCB minus the dragaons and LEDs, slightly slower RAM chips) is also extremely good for the price. The lack of heat spreaders doesn't hamper them one bit and makes them a lot cooler in your typical rig where the sticks are crammed together when you fill the DIMM slots.

What savour about geil dragon ram?

Black pcb with red LEDs and dragons :D YES! Dragons! :lol:

So I think some of the manufacturer should try to start manufacture some Motherboard or Graphic card with Dragon, it will be sure to attract many people to buy them. I also consider to get a GEIL RAM with dragon when I purchase my computer last time. It seem dragon = professional to most of the peoplethumbsup3.gif

I think that might me some reason for those people believe in this, since Gigabyte recently also abandon to make their board with blue PCB, they use black PCB now, and most of those high end Motherboard and Graphic Card are build using black PCB. If you try told someone else about this they *may* believe in this.picard1.png

Edited by Lugia0529

Back when most PCBs were green (so it really wasn't *that* long ago) there were quite a few manufacturers who used blue, purple, and red PCBs to make their stuff stand out. Most of the time it didn't mean they spent any more time designing the actual board (and sometimes it was to the detriment of the rest of the board).

The switch to black PCBs is for aesthetic reasons only. I know I bought my Gigabyte Z68 UD4 simply because of two things. 1, it was a good board overall. 2, it was black. It goes with everything. :lol: I'll gladly pay a little bit more for the same quality but aesthetics I like. Yes, I'm shallow when it comes to some things.

G.Skill RAM is typically quite good IMHO. I've never heard any real complaints about them and I love mine. :cheers:

I've been a very happy G.Skill RAM user for several years now. For the most part it is hard to beat their price to performance ratio, they offer a lifetime guarantee and support is pretty darned good. Not knocking any other memory maker, I've used them all. I was an early user of G.Skill's performance RAM and it really was price to performance ratio that influenced me the first time I bought some of their memory. Just kept on using it because it hasn't ever let me down.

When comparing different brands that have almost the exact same speed, timings, capacity, voltage specs. etc. you'll find that for the most part they all use the same ICs and the only difference is in warranty, support, binning and PCB design.

Many times the bottom line on recommendations (like most computer hardware) is we tend to recommend what we have experience with ourselves and whether or not we personally trust the brand.

Back when most PCBs were green (so it really wasn't *that* long ago) there were quite a few manufacturers who used blue, purple, and red PCBs to make their stuff stand out. Most of the time it didn't mean they spent any more time designing the actual board (and sometimes it was to the detriment of the rest of the board).

The switch to black PCBs is for aesthetic reasons only. I know I bought my Gigabyte Z68 UD4 simply because of two things. 1, it was a good board overall. 2, it was black. It goes with everything. :lol: I'll gladly pay a little bit more for the same quality but aesthetics I like. Yes, I'm shallow when it comes to some things.

I am exactly the same :lol:

The novelty of the color PCB's was an additional cost and like Waco said, it can only make the product stand out, but what products are worth making to stand out? Your performance line.

Now that they know customers will pay a little more for aesthetics (Big companies can be thick headed and really gotta KNOW though) we do see it in even value oriented product lines. So, now that we got stylized heat spreaders, leds, etched images, we need something more..ooh I wonder where we can fit in lasers! Yeah... or maybe spikes..I want my motherboard to be Metal..I'm sure they'll come up with something new soon...maybe iridescent PCB, for the fancy crowd.

Edited by Master Binky

I got G.Skill ram in my computer, It doesn't like going the advertised OC'd clock speed in my Asus board even if I loosen the timings, but... I was able to get the latency timings down lower with lower clock speed than the specs and that gave me better performance anyways.....