Far Cry 4 Reviewed

Bosco

Interesting review, especially with the amount of hype that the game has right now. It looks like it is a great title overall. It's a shame what Ubisoft is doing to themselves with their views on PC gaming lately, however.

Any reason the screenshots are on the low side when it comes to resolution? I saw that a 980 is used, which is why I was hoping on higher resolution screenshots to really see the details of the game.

I don't recall the exact reasoning why, but I was asked to resize screenshots to 800x600 (or rather 800x450 to maintain aspect ratio) for the reviews. I can ask Dave and Frank if I can increase the sizes in the future, but all of the screenshots of the review are just scaled down from the original 2048x1152 images still on my computer. If there are any specific screenshots you want to see the originals of, post the number and I'll try to attach them here.

I just quickly opened up the Session Browser and it seemed to work as I would hope it would. It gave me a list of active sessions with info on map, game type, player count, and ping. I also had the ability to sort by those same pieces of information, save player count. It found the sessions pretty quick and appears to only show those with open slots.

Here's a screenshot of it:

Far Cry

That is one advantage to having multiple reviews to read; you can get fairly distinct opinions from people with different play styles. He spends a fair amount of time talking about syringes whereas I almost never used them, so I also never spent much time hunting down plants to make them.

Interesting review, especially with the amount of hype that the game has right now. It looks like it is a great title overall. It's a shame what Ubisoft is doing to themselves with their views on PC gaming lately, however.

Any reason the screenshots are on the low side when it comes to resolution? I saw that a 980 is used, which is why I was hoping on higher resolution screenshots to really see the details of the game.

Now might be a good time to re look at this but we have used images sized down to 8x6 to reduce load times on the images.