iPhone OS 4.0

Ryu Hayabusa

I do like the Iphone, it's one of the only (besides the Ipod Touch obviously) Apple products that I have little to say negatively about. It's a wonderful device, I just hate that it gets shackled in so many ways instead of being free to reach it's full potential.

The only reason I do not like the iPhone is that it rubbed off on AT&T. They're locking down all of the Android phones, which has caused me to get an iPhone.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only reason I do not like the iPhone is that it rubbed off on AT&T. They're locking down all of the Android phones, which has caused me to get an iPhone.

Yeah that's another thing I forgot, and what do you mean lock down the android phones??

Take a look at AT&T's Android offerings, Dell Aero and Motorola Backflip. The OS is very crippled in comparison to Android phones on Sprint, Verizon, and TMobile (the skins suck, performance is horrible, virtual keyboard is a joke). Here's hoping AT&T doesn't screw up the HTC Desire, I would be really bummed out if it wasn't a viable alternative to the fourth gen iPhone.

Take a look at AT&T's Android offerings, Dell Aero and Motorola Backflip. The OS is very crippled in comparison to Android phones on Sprint, Verizon, and TMobile. Here's hoping AT&T doesn't screw up the HTC Desire, I would be really bummed out if it wasn't a viable alternative to the fourth gen iPhone.

I'm betting the 4.0 will be a smashing success like it's elder siblings and hopefully in light of this they wont *need* to cripple the Desire since the *best* choice would be obvious. (though they probably WILL cripple it anyway <_<)

Kash you aren't under AT&T too are you?! You two should get out while you can! I'll pay your early termination fees :lol:

Kash you aren't under AT&T too are you?! You two should get out while you can! I'll pay your early termination fees :lol:

I don't have termination fees at the moment, but I'm stuck with Mommy and Brother, lol.

I like AT&T. The only other choice is Verizon (TMobile and Sprint are not viable options since I travel a lot), but that service costs the same as my AT&T service. Plus, I actually do use the ability to browse the web while on a call, something I can't do on Verizon, so there's really no incentive for me to switch.

I do like the Iphone, it's one of the only (besides the Ipod Touch obviously) Apple products that I have little to say negatively about. It's a wonderful device, I just hate that it gets shackled in so many ways instead of being free to reach it's full potential.

The thing is, the reason it is such a good device is because it is "schackled" as you would say. Take that away and it really wouldn't be the same phone.

I like AT&T. The only other choice is Verizon (TMobile and Sprint are not viable options since I travel a lot), but that service costs the same as my AT&T service. Plus, I actually do use the ability to browse the web while on a call, something I can't do on Verizon, so there's really no incentive for me to switch.

Ah well as long as you're happy with it :)

The thing is, the reason it is such a good device is because it is "schackled" as you would say. Take that away and it really wouldn't be the same phone.

Are you implying it's only good because it's made to be such a forbidden fruit (no pun intended but lol) to those outside of T-Mobile and especially those on CDMA networks.... and if not that, than do elaborate on what you actually meant.

He's stating that it's a good device because the user experience is very controlled. That control leads to an easy to use interface that is hard to mess up, hence its popularity. It's not just specs that make a device, it's mainly the user experience, and Apple has that down pat, regardless of how you feel about their implementation.

He's stating that it's a good device because the user experience is very controlled. That control leads to an easy to use interface that is hard to mess up, hence its popularity. It's not just specs that make a device, it's mainly the user experience, and Apple has that down pat, regardless of how you feel about their implementation.

I can't argue that they aren't successful they are at what they do, I just gotta face facts that I'm not their target audience is all.

I'm interested to see how the new 1ghz snapdragon 'droiders vs the Iphone 4.0 turn out. (as I'm liking WM7 less and less the more I learn about it)

(as I'm liking WM7 less and less the more I learn about it)

AFAIK the reason they revealed it so early is so that they could take complaints early in development and shape it to meet consumer demand.