Complete System Instability

Have you tested your memory modules a pair at a time using Memtest at default CPU settings, then full slots at default CPU settings. If memory passes, then I would set CPU to default settings and run Prime95 Blend and monitor your CPU Core Temp while testing, 38c at stock idle is high, You could be running vary hot under full load.

Have you tested your memory modules a pair at a time using Memtest at default CPU settings, then full slots at default CPU settings. If memory passes, then I would set CPU to default settings and run Prime95 Blend and monitor your CPU Core Temp while testing, 38c at stock idle is high, You could be running vary hot under full load.

I've run Memtest86 on 2 sticks (I only use 2) and passed

AIDA64 is running now, max I've seen 57C but I'll let you know when it finishes

It looks like you have done a complete testing of all your hardware, and every thing checks out OK. So at this point the motherboard is the only thing that your not 100% certain about. You may consider that RMA expense, Gigabyte is a solid motherboard but yours might have issues that testing is not showing, and randomly cause failure, under load or high usage like gaming.

• Like 1

Cheers Braegnok, I appreciate your help with this matter. I have contacted Gigabyte with regards to an RMA and am waiting for them to reply. The results show the system is 1 hour AIDA stable, with the CPU ranging from 36C - 56C, average 52C, so I can pretty much say the system is okay temperature-wise. The HDD is fine from 27C - 31C, averaging 30C.

Thank you to everybody who has made suggestions so far, I think the next step is to wait for Gigabyte to supply me with an RMA form to replace the motherboard, I will keep you all posted but if anyone else has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it cheers.gif

Update: Preparing for 3DMark 11 run, if it can make it to the end, I'll be surprised

Update 2:

Attempt 1: CTD on test 1

Attempt 2: BSOD on test 4

Edited by EuroFight

Might very well be the Motherboard since the PSU and GPU have been changed? I assume the motherboard is a day one purchase? HDD too?

Motherboard was bought new from Amazon, so I should be fine if a RMA is requred, whereas the HDD was second hand, although it worked perfectly in my old rig

Edited by EuroFight

So which components haven't been changed since this problem started happening?

Graphics Card (twice)

RAM

Power Supply

I have also tested

Processor (in a friend's system)

Hard-drive (in another rig)

On another note, Amazon UK have accepted my RMA and will be sending me a new motherboard biggrin.gif

Edited by EuroFight