WhenKittensATK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm7gEDhrPfk

Mech Combat FPS game, still in development. I love the artstyle, but the mechs look a bit choppy.

No release, they want to try releasing on 360, PS3, and PC as a downloadable title. Price unknown. (Update: No longer multi-platform, just PC)

Hawken Website

Edited by Krazyxazn

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, the artstyle is great and I love the detail of the environments...I hope they're not just 2D backdrops.

As for the mechs, there was one point in the video where they looked choppy, but it may have just been the recording because other times they moved more smoothly.

That being said, I'm not a fan of their speed at the moment. I'm aware, as a mech game, that there are probably different speed legs and rocket packs, but to me mech games should be slower and more strategic, not a fast-paced FPS like TF2. So even if the video showed some mechs with the fastest legs in the game, I think they're too fast.

I agree, the artstyle is great and I love the detail of the environments...I hope they're not just 2D backdrops.

As for the mechs, there was one point in the video where they looked choppy, but it may have just been the recording because other times they moved more smoothly.

That being said, I'm not a fan of their speed at the moment. I'm aware, as a mech game, that there are probably different speed legs and rocket packs, but to me mech games should be slower and more strategic, not a fast-paced FPS like TF2. So even if the video showed some mechs with the fastest legs in the game, I think they're too fast.

you haven't been playing enough lost planet!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udEAEARD-Fo&feature=channel_video_title

New gameplay video.

Hawken interview: the indie team behind the best mech game we’ve seen

They should create a backstory and release an anime series like Valkyria Chronicles, but then again these guys are Indie and not SEGA.

Edited by Krazyxazn

• 2 months later...