D-sub vs DVI/HDMI

Bla

So I recently got a new monitor (BenQ EW2440L, 24", 1920x1080) and it came with a VGA cable in the box. The monitor itself supports D-sub and HDMI-input, so I was wondering if it's worth it to switch from VGA to DVI/HDMI.

From what I've read a DVI or HDMI cable should provide better quality than VGA, but will the difference be noticeable?
Also, if I do make the switch from analog to digital, would it be better to get a HDMI-to-DVI cable or a regular HDMI cable?

Any input is appreciated :)

Would highly recommend HDMI over Analog... Does your video card have a HDMI slot? If not, than would recommend get a dvi to hdmi cable from monoprice.com

Depending on the monitor DVI might be handled slightly differently than HDMI. When possible native DVI is my choice but it almost never matters.

I have two identical monitors: They're both Dell Ultrasharp 2007FP, with Super-IPS LCD panels. One is connected through dual-link DVI connection, and the other is connected through VGA. The only difference between the two, and I mean the only difference, is that the VGA one had to have the screen geometry adjusted through the 'Auto Adjustment' feature. After that, the difference really isn't noticeable. Well, at least I can't notice it.

So, you should be fine with VGA. But I would recommend using dual-link DVI if that's possible. That is because, like I said: there is no need to adjust the screen positioning with the digital connection. And I recommend using dual-link DVI over HDMI because the dual-link capability is basically two HDMI or single-link DVI connections in one. That will allow you to run monitors at higher resolutions and refresh rates. plus the DVI plug is just a lot nicer, and who even uses built-in monitor speakers?

Edited by pedrinobear

Oh right, I'm not really sure what I was thinking of there.

I suppose it depends on the quality of the converter in the monitor. Personally, I haven't noticed any problems with latency on my monitors.

Yeah same :) I guess the major thing is analogue vs digital where digital should be cleaner due to the way data is sent(0 and 1s, if it fails you will know big time lol, vs analogue where you might get interference from anywhere). Personally I'd use HDMI because my monitor has speakers so less cables, otherwise dvi/vga will do fine unless u need high res/refresh