Palit GT 220 Sonic Edition Tested

Bosco

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are back in the US market recently. If you go to www.palit.biz and click on north america, you can see at the bottom they just started facebook, twitter...etc. And if you click on contact us on the top of the website: Palit Microsystems. (North and South America Only)

1214 John Reed CT

City of Industry, CA 91745

: [email protected]

: [email protected]

This will be interesting.

awesome, I always wanted a palit card since they seem to always go the extra mile and make alot of non-reference designs

that's why i'm using one now. it only uses a little less power, and makes a little less noise than a ref 275, but it also came at the lowest price! first thing i noticed about this card was the cooler. i like how they keep the palit aesthetic in all their designs.

shame about the card though, it looks like nothing special, although to be honest not the disaster that everyone seems to think it is. i find it odd that so many are panning the card, and still calling this a good review when ccokeman didn't exactly trash it.

as for the comparisons, yeah i would have liked to see something in the mid-low range from ATI go head to head here, but this card is clearly not aimed at gamers, so perhaps that's not the end of the world.

might have been nice to see how it did as a dedicated physx card though. (in advance of mythos's response, yes i know an 8800gt is cheaper, but i'd still like to see the benchmarks, plus this card is brand new, so we will see a major price drop at some point)

I'm talking ebay, though I just checked and I guess the physx rush has bumped them up, they are ~$70 dollars now instead of $60

and if one is too afraid of ebay and not too cowardly to take on the challenge of a MIR, the 9600GT is another preferred alternative (not to mention the obvious 4 series cards)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Great review, but I would have liked to have seen the Palit GT 220 tested against the 4670.

Like I said the card is supposed to fit between the 95 and 9600 GT and is meant to help with the things most people( Not the OCC crowd per say but I am sure this card would come in handy for the coprocessing work it is meant to do) do with their computers as well as some "light" gaming. Is it low end by the standards of the enthusiast? yes but that is the mainstream market.

Put it in the wifes rig and watch her play with the pretty pictures