Occ's Second Hd4870 Review Posted

Nemo

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something on those Crysis benches seems waaaay off. The 260 is beating the 280!!!

EDIT: At a closer look a lot of those test results seem odd...

Something on those Crysis benches seems waaaay off. The 260 is beating the 280!!!

EDIT: At a closer look a lot of those test results seem odd...

Try reading the review first. Its an overclocked 260

I guess I thought there were larger differences between them. Perhaps it's the settings used that bunches them up? I just remember seeing them a lot further apart before. :shrug:

I guess it would depend on what you were looking at.

I notice alot of other sites use High Settings for Crysis we use Med with 2XAA so that might be example of where your difference might be that you discribe.

I notice alot of other sites use High Settings for Crysis we use Med with 2XAA so that might be example of where your difference might be that you discribe.

I have the feeling that's exactly what the difference is.

how come the tests aren't run witth completely maxxed out settings? even if the frame rates are unbearable, the hardware will truely get a good stressing with that. (Full AA, Ultra High Etc.)

We test at playable settings not settings that you can't play on.

well i can understand that but it will truly gauge which card is better equipped, since the tests are purely benchmarks. I'm not trying to be mean in a anyway, i just think it would be interesting to see

I don't understand what that would prove?

You take three good video cards load up a game and get 5 frames. All three cards fail they suck! :unsure:

If you test at playable settings then it gives the reader somewhat of a general idea what a card will do. :)