A headphone that lasts for a good while

N.E.A

I have the Roccat Kave and it seems pretty sturdy. I've had it for about 6 months. and the 3d sound really does work. the only minor annoyance is that it has a large in line audio mixer that is a little too close to the headphones themselves, so if you dont want it to hang down and feel the weight of it pulling on your head you will need to tape it down to your desk or something and then you only have about 4 feet of cable to move around with

And I would recommend not getting the Turtle Beaches. I cant speak for the models that have been listed, but I've had 2 Earforce Z1's and 2 Earforce Z2's and all of them have broken where the earcup attaches to the frame. The wires in the Z2 tend to frey internally near the volume mixer too. I dont know if they just use cheap parts, or if its a design flaw, but I would never buy from them again. Which is sad because they had the best mic I've ever used, and good sound quality, and a quick disconnect so you dont have to take them off when you get up to get something. 

my audio technica headphones lasted for 2 years, then I ordered new ear muff covers and lasted another 2 years then I ordered new ear muff covers and a new wire plug and it is lasting to this day, im wearing them right now

you can use a zalman mic with it which is very good combination 

replacing the cable does require a soldering gun to make two little dots, but u dont need to do that

• 2 weeks later...