Intel Core i5 750 Core i7 870 Reviewed

Bosco

they always do that, the first two usually are reasonably priced and the third just get's an unnecessary price hike that's no where near justified by performance. (I'm thinking Q9450/Q9550/Q9650)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they always do that, the first two usually are reasonably priced and the third just get's an unnecessary price hike that's no where near justified by performance. (I'm thinking Q9450/Q9550/Q9650)

Ya very true I could see $499 but $579 thats pushing it.

ok , is the only advantage of the 1156 platform is sli/cf........?

or does it perform better than amd .......?

did you even look at the review lol it threw the Phenom's a helluva beating and the 750 is cheaper than the 955 lol

People buy them at that price...so not really that unreasonable. ;)

Good review and good chips though!!!

Edited by Waco

ok , is the only advantage of the 1156 platform is sli/cf........?

or does it perform better than amd .......?

You could read the review ;)

People buy them at that price...so not really that unreasonable. ;)

Good review and good chips though!!!

Some people named Waco are unreasonable :P..... Those poor people though :unsure:, I feel almost as bad for them as I do for people who still buy soundcards (as for people buying them, I only see two confirmed sales on the 750 but not for the other two;))

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Damn! I was hoping for low temperatures. I really couldn't stand the heat of my I7 920, it made my small room so stuffy at times.

Ccokeman you think you can compare the TRUE (i think i remember you saying you had one) with the MUX 120 on a quick OC test

When I get a chance now that we will have some motherboard goodness for these little monsters coming up shortly. The 860 I think really is going to give you the bang for the buck if you run a lot of multithreaded apps. The 750 is a rocking little processor and clocks memory very well!

When I get a chance now that we will have some motherboard goodness for these little monsters coming up shortly. The 860 I think really is going to give you the bang for the buck if you run a lot of multithreaded apps. The 750 is a rocking little processor and clocks memory very well!

what makes the 860 so much better than the 750, the 750 kept right with it the whole time and is almost $100 cheaper? the hyper threading?? when overclocked to the same clock speed they are painfully similar in performance

Edited by IVIYTH0S

what makes the 860 so much better than the 750, the 750 kept right with it the whole time and is almost $100 cheaper? the hyper threading?? when overclocked to the same clock speed they are painfully similar in performance

Hyperthreading! Real work basically! Not gaming yet although there are some games that can take advantage of multiple cores