Euro's //Attempt\\ at Music

EuroFight

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I downloaded some software (Linux MultiMedia Studio) in an attempt to learn a new skill (making music), here's the product of four hours I've been fiddling around with the software (just a melody at this stage). I appreciate It's not the best melody ever, but it's an attempt. :tongue:

If anyone wants to make some music, I highly recommend LMMS. It's free (yay!) and is very simple to use after the tutorial. It's also very powerful if you are confident with music. The only negative I have found so far is the logo, and the fact it is very difficult to copy and paste notes. Other than that, it's a great piece of software. :D

Any feedback is, as always, greatly appreciated (oh and hope you don't mind me posting this here either)  :wave:

- Euro

Edited by EuroFight

Maybe you could have the song start slower then build up. Hmm the one sound I keep hearing I don't know how to describe it.... doesn't sound like it matches well. 

Other than that not bad at all for four hours and your first attempt.

@Fred

I will bear that in mind, thank you for the feedback Fred  :)

If it's the bass-type sound, it's probably the Roland TB-303 Bass Synthesizer (thought I would add that and I could change the instrument later if I found one that fitted).

@Onion

Okay, I'll bear that in mind aswell :lol:

Update: Title edited accordingly  :doh:

Edited by EuroFight

@Fred

If it's the bass-type sound, it's probably the Roland TB-303 Bass Synthesizer (thought I would add that and I could change the instrument later if I found one that fitted).

Are you going for DnB? I'm making my own attempts at making music since receiving my midi keyboard atm. FL Studio has tons of features I have yet to use. 

I'm known to be honestly brutal. Some call it being an asshole. 

I'll just say I recommend you stick to video game reviews. :P 

For 4 hours of work that's ALOT better than most people Onion :D 

You should give making music a twirl and you'll see what I mean XD 

@Fred

Are you going for DnB? I'm making my own attempts at making music since receiving my midi keyboard atm. FL Studio has tons of features I have yet to use. 

Yeah I was kinda attempting a DnB feel. Apart from having no clue where to start and just kinda feeling my way around, I don't have much musical history apart from some piano lessons I had a couple of years ago, so sorry it's not that good. :lol:

The software I use has been compared to FL Studio on a quick Google search, and considering it was free (and open source!), I decided to give it a whirl. I found it surprisingly good and easy to use. It would be interesting to see how it compared to FL Studio in reality though.

It would be cool to listen to some of your attempts too :)

Edited by EuroFight

I don't feel like any of my attempts are worth uploading haha. I bought this midi keyboard with no clue how to play a piano, of course their very different since it has no weighted keys and its not a full scale keyboard. I'm just learning as I go.

My experience so far with FL Studio has been great the plug-in's for FL Studio seems to be the deciding factor for alot of people.

Maybe I'll upload one or two things when I feel like they are perfected enough for ears. XD

Hey don't make me compete with you, my first ear-rendering attempt is already up here for all to see...don't make me so another one :lol:

No no I hate competition especially when its with something I'm not that good at.  :teehee:

I'm more of a fan of hey listen to this and tell me what you think, and what I could do to improve.

I can't download here but I'll have to give it a try sometime.  Suppose I could just google it but where you getting this free music generating software from and was there other free ones?