F@H + Cryptocoins

kyfire

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are so many people useless? I'll see about doing it, but it may be a day or two.

It takes a day or two to write a guide on how to make a guide! Now I'm scared...

I think this now my fav quote :woot:

I meant a guide on setting Curecoin up and that it may be a day or two before I can get to doing it; not that it would take that long to actually write one. (There's so many out there already anyway.) As far as a guide on guide writing goes, are we talking about a serious guide or a joke guide? I feel like my soul would prefer it being a joke guide.

Frank. For the serious answer to your question, open the first spoiler. For the suck-up answer, read the second spoiler.

No, not you because the focus of my writing was how people are saying we need a guide, and then a guide on guide writing, instead of just writing the Curecoin guide.

In the thesaurus your picture is under the antonyms for useless, beside Dave's picture. You are so active and so useful, I don't know how you find the time to do it all. It is like you have overclocked yourself just so you can devote those extra cycles to being useful here.

How does Frank find all this time? how many clones are chained up and forced to write reviews, none stop, day in and out? TELL ME!

edit: yes....I am going crazy from writing a bunch myself today...don't worry about me :doh: :doh:

Here's what I put together for Curecoins. I did not go into any real detail on setting up Folding@Home, because I suspect there are already guides out there you can use, or you already know how to do it.

So you have heard about Curecoin and are now curious about what it is and how you can take part in it. This guide is meant to answer some questions and explain how to get your computer working on Curecoins.
Curecoins are a kind of cryptocurrency, which themselves are a virtual currency generated and maintained through a network of users and miners. The creation of coins are tied to some kind of work done by computers, and in the case of Curecoins this work is contributing to the Folding@Home distributed computing system. The F@H system exists to leverage the unused power of computers across the planet to determine the structures proteins and other molecules can fold into. This is important work as many illnesses are caused directly by misfolded proteins.

By leveraging crytpocurrency, Curecoins hope to encourage people to contribute more to Folding@Home now and other causes in the future. Currently the implementation of Curecoins is fairly simple, assuming you have already set up Folding@Home on your computer. You will need to make some changes to your setup, but nothing too difficult or complicated. Actually it only takes four steps to do, including reconfiguring F@H.
The first step is to change the team you fold for to 224497, which can be done with the Configure menu in the FAHControl client, under the Identity tab. This is the Curecoin team, and is important because you have to be in that team for your contributions to be recorded and to be awarded any coins.
The second step involves the area directly below the

Or....you can watch this youtube video that explains the same things :) it was on the page. It seems for the curecoins you don't need to know how to mine at all since your just changing your team name and collecting % of the coins every day.