F@H + Cryptocoins

kyfire

Want your folding to do more than just help find cures? Would you like it if in addiontion you could put money in your pocket too? Well, you can! With Curecoin! No need to change anything, ie: team, F@H user name etc.

I saw this on another fourm and thought I'd pass it along here, just incase anyone might be interested. For more info on it and how to get started....  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757.0

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally a reason to like bitmining. I think the whole thing is stupid and waste power but if I can fold in coin form, i'm all for it. I hope standford gets on this!

Interesting, I'll have to look more into it. I don't consider mining cryptocurrency stupid and a waste of power. The original purpose was to get every common person to mine to some degree so the production of coins remains decentralized. It's a great service in this Digital era, and shouldn't be discarded, or controlled by just a few individuals/corporations/nations. Which is why I mine Vertcoins and not any other coin for now.

It's using the planets resources when we are on the verge of running out counts as stupid. That doesn't benefit or evolve humans in anyways (past a unrecognized type of money). the curecoins is in the right direction, if people wont give up the coin stuff for real research than bring the coins to the research.

It's using the planets resources when we are on the verge of running out counts as stupid. That doesn't benefit or evolve humans in anyways (past a unrecognized type of money). the curecoins is in the right direction, if people wont give up the coin stuff for real research than bring the coins to the research.

We use the planet's resources for worse things. It's not my fault we're not using sustainable energy. If I had the environment and the means, I'd setup solar panels, or tap into hydroelectric power. If you're talking about an individual's carbon footprint, I commute to work on the subway train, or work from home. I don't own a car. I pollute less than any of you that drive.

Do you know how much of the earth is mined for resources for fiat? For printing? Much more than computer components. Digital cryptocurrency can lessen that by a large amount.

Sure, computational research is good, but you're supplying the same amount of the "planet's resources" for that. We're also using up so many animals for research to benefit only 1 animal on the entire planet. Much more criminal than the usage of electricity in my opinion.

My state uses 9.2% of it's net electricity generation from renewable resources as well.

I don't mind this debate, I think there's a lot more pro's to your cons.

You have a valid point Cap. I think the fact that the power on the grid has to be used or its wasted is the bigger issue. We aren't going to stop using oil until we run out but I rather not add to that problem more than I have to is all.

The instructional YouTube video clearly states that if you do not change your team to what they are instructing, that you will not receive Curecoins. No?

Either way, I'll play the game for a bit just to see how much can be made. I've never touched cryptocurrency before, so this should be interesting, lol.

The instructional YouTube video clearly states that if you do not change your team to what they are instructing, that you will not receive Curecoins. No?

Either way, I'll play the game for a bit just to see how much can be made. I've never touched cryptocurrency before, so this should be interesting, lol.

Opps, I missed that. course I red the post/instructions. Didn't watch the vid.   :)

You have a valid point Cap. I think the fact that the power on the grid has to be used or its wasted is the bigger issue. We aren't going to stop using oil until we run out but I rather not add to that problem more than I have to is all.

That's not how power production works...