Saitek Game Pad Evaluation

Nemo

• 5 months later...
Pros:

* Backlight Colors

* Easy to Configure

* Custom Macros

I have found the backlight colors to be rasther irrelevant, since I only use one profile per' game. So, switching between thew backlights would screw up the control schema I got set up.

Yes, quite easy and intuitive, especially with the beta SST-software I'm using

Again, quite easy and handy to have around.

Cons:

* For Right-Handers Only

* Short USB Cable

* Commands Reset After You Restart Your Computer

* Soft Keys (Don't make a "click" sound when pushed)

I agree with the first point: shifting the control unit to the right side of the keyboard effectively removes the use of the minijoystick and two buttons.

O', come one: it's not that short! Okay, if I didn't my computer next to my screen it might actually be an issue. Also USB-hubs are pretty much a necessity these days, if you are going to accessorise.

Profile Startup has been added to the beta, which is quite stable, so no more problems with that.

Um...what kind of a "click" are you looking for? Granted I'm used to using M$ ergonomic keyboards, so there's not much of a "click"-value to be had anyway, but I can definitely feel when I push a button on the command unit. Also, there's a corresponding in-game action / animation / sound to tell me if something happened. Hardly an issue.

O', come one: it's not that short! Okay, if I didn't my computer next to my screen it might actually be an issue. Also USB-hubs are pretty much a necessity these days, if you are going to accessorise.

Profile Startup has been added to the beta, which is quite stable, so no more problems with that.

Um...what kind of a "click" are you looking for? Granted I'm used to using M$ ergonomic keyboards, so there's not much of a "click"-value to be had anyway, but I can definitely feel when I push a button on the command unit. Also, there's a corresponding in-game action / animation / sound to tell me if something happened. Hardly an issue.

That is just "you" but a reviewer cannot assume that everyone has their computer next to their monitor.

As for the profile start up this review was published in May, I'm assuming this feature wasn't added during that time period or "beta"?

This thread is a couple months old too, dont digg up old threads.

By the way welcome to OCC

This thread is a couple months old too, dont digg up old threads.

This thread was linked to a review that was very relevant to me, so instead of starting a new one I replied to this one.

By the way welcome to OCC