Have you had an OCZ SSD fail or have to be RMA'd?

potatochobit

50 members have voted

1. 1. Did you have to RMA an OCZ Vertex2 or Agility2?

• Yes, a 60GB OCZ
    • Yes, a 120GB OCZ
    • Yes, 160GB OCZ or Higher
    • Yes, a Different brand, up to 128GB
    • Yes, a Different brand over 128GB
    • No, all my SSD drives work great! (anybrand)
    • I did not get my rebate from buying an SSD! (anybrand)

Waco I wouldn't believe the return/failure rates from the companies. They are probably highly inaccurate or just plain made up. Remember when Microsoft claimed that the Xbox 360 failure rate(Rrod) was less then 5 percent? It was really was around 40-60 percent.

It is true, they all lying.

Why are you people arguing just go to Newegg SSD consumers reviews and you see whole truth.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't own an SSD so I haven't experienced any failures...

However, browsing the OCZ forums, there seems to be quite a lot of problems with SSDs at the moment.... http://www.ocztechno...ives&order=desc

OCZ sellsmore SSD's than any other by far.....Of course your going to hear about problems or defects. They make a solid product. I have multiple SSD's from OCZ and a Revo drive..........All are awesome....... This thread has fail all over it IMO...

15.jpg

OCZ sellsmore SSD's than any other by far.....Of course your going to hear about problems or defect just from the shear volume they do. They make a solid product. I have multiple SSD's from OCZ and a Revo drive..........All are awesome....... This thread has fail all over it IMO...

15.jpg

I have to agree with you. OCZ do have a lot of failures. Also check out Newegg reviews they say the same thing as well.

i bought the Vertex 3 recently, a 240 gig one.. and i was pretty well aware of their bad reputation of how often they fail.. but from my understanding its the controller on them that fails, and most of the OCZ's are using the Sandforce controllers.. and if you look at other brands such a Corsair and Mushkin and stuff, they have great reviews.. but LESS reviews, but they are using the same controllers... I am just thinking because of the price of a Corsair they don't generation enough sales to see the kinds of failures that is supposed to happen.. on the Sandforce controllers anyways.. but OCZ is so dirt cheap they probly generation a crazy amount of sales, so your most likely going to see some bad reviews of failures on an OCZ first.

Sooo basically i just took the risk and got the Vertex 3 from OCZ.. i hope mine serves me well.. but I wouldn't be surprised if it failed on me at some point.. They are definiely the cheapest SSD brand using the Sandoforce controllers.. the only thing that doesn't use the Sandforce from what i can see is like Intel's SSD. and intel's SSD are the most expensive hands down...

Edited by Sanosuke_Sagara

i bought the Vertex 3 recently, a 240 gig one.. and i was pretty well aware of their bad reputation of how often they fail.. but from my understanding its the controller on them that fails, and most of the OCZ's are using the Sandforce controllers.. and if you look at other brands such a Corsair and Mushkin and stuff, they have great reviews.. but LESS reviews, but they are using the same controllers... I am just thinking because of the price of a Corsair they don't generation enough sales to see the kinds of failures that is supposed to happen.. on the Sandforce controllers anyways.. but OCZ is so dirt cheap they probly generation a crazy amount of sales, so your most likely going to see some bad reviews of failures on an OCZ first.

Sooo basically i just took the risk and got the Vertex 3 from OCZ.. i hope mine serves me well.. but I wouldn't be surprised if it failed on me at some point.. They are definiely the cheapest SSD brand using the Sandoforce controllers.. the only thing that doesn't use the Sandforce from what i can see is like Intel's SSD. and intel's SSD are the most expensive hands down...

Samsung uses its own in house developed controller, like intel.

Edited by spectrascope