Got my first 4K monitor...

I ended up getting a good deal used, no dead pixels, and running great. It's a Dell UP2414Q 24" IPS monitor. With a DisplayPort 1.2 cable and a R9 290X, it runs at 4K resolution at 60Hz.

The picture is great, 100% sRGB, after calibration, but there are some advantages, and some disadvantages.

Upsides:

1. Being able to view 4K videos, and seeing 4K pictures on a single screen.

2. Playing games that support 4K resolution at 60Hz.

3. Great picture quality.

Downsides:

1. Scaling with Windows isn't that great with a 24" screen. If anyone decides to get a 4K monitor, I advise getting one if they start making ones with 36" screens. I scaled Windows 7 at 150%, and then scale my browsers at 150%. Basically the workspace advantage is then nullified.

2. To setup 4K resolution to run at 60Hz, there's some glitches that occur, and I haven't spent time figuring out how to fix them, yet (or how they occur).

3. I still use my HP ZR30w as my main monitor, and comparing 4K videos on both at the same time, the level of detail of 2160P over 1600P isn't really that much of a difference as it was compared from 1600P coming from 1080P. I would still use my HP ZR30w over the UP2414Q as my main monitor.

FYI in case anyone else decides to jump into 4K resolution.

Yeah... the scaling issue required is why I didn't get the famous 32" Seiki, I wouldn't ever run it for games so the 30Hz wasn't the deal breaker but I know the extra productivity capability would not be utilized since I'd have to zoom in everything anyway...and you're on a 24". Insane!!

I still think if my monitor shits the bed, I'll still get a 30" 2560x1600 or a 27" 2560x1440, probably cheap korean either way....we shall see

I just can't bring myself to buy a 4K anything...as an HDTV it would be nice but I have no capability to play 4K material (no BluRay player, shitty internet prohibits streaming) but I can definitely see myself getting a 30"-40" 4K TV to use on my desktop as soon as the prices become reasonable. I love my 2560x1440 27" Korean monitor but more real estate would be even more awesome. :)

Just curious how much did you pay for it?

$80 too much. A few days after I bought it, someone else was selling it for $80 less at $400.

There was a sale at Amazon a few days ago where it was selling for around $400. I was too impatient. :(