2 Kilowatt Power Supply Tested

Nemo

No, the product I linked uses 120 AC and produces 12v DC. They are meant to be used to power car audio equipment in showrooms or at car shows. The only possible use I can think of for that 2KW supply is to use it for the same thing.

Ah! Car stereo gear, but not in a car. I see what you're saying. I should have gathered that from the word "demo" :)

I guess that's a pretty useful (and creative) use for this thing.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I can think of is if you run a pelt setup you wouldnt need a dedicated meanwell unit. The meanwell plus a high end PSU is still considerably less then that though, so that is not really a smart option anyway...

i know how that thing can be fully tested: i'll hook two mtx 15" 9500 to my mtx te1501d amp (1800w RMS at 1ohm) and power the amp by that thing. run it at full blast, and see if it cuts.

Future proofing? I don't think so. How do we know what connectors and such are going to be used in a few years time (think SLi etc a couple of years back).

I personally would find it hard to award an editor's choice, but then I didn't review it :)

:withstupid: Really isn't future proof to me. There will indeed be newer power connectors coming out for everything in the future. Maybe not now, tomorrow, or within the next year, but there will be so I wouldn't call this overkill waste of money future proof. :bah: