Evil's Rig, Antec 900

EvilGeniusJr

This was the Original 900, it was painted black (very poorly if I do say so myself haha.gif) and a couple of extra holes cut for wire routing. The psu was also flipped with a vent at the bottom. The hard drives were flipped around (and fan removed) and a hole cut in the HDD cage for the wires to exit straight behind the mobo panel. Wires were sleeved with paracord. Sleeving could have been a bit better but also a lot worse.

Specs:
i5 3570k @4.4ghz
16GB Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600mhz
AsRock Extreme4 Z77
Sapphire 5750 (lol)
Antec Kuhler 620 w/ Cougar V12 PWM fan
OCZ Vertex 120GB SATA III SSD
WD 500GB Blue
WD 1.5TB Green
Crappy 600W Modular Rocketfish PSU (Cost me $20 and has been going 24/7 for 3 years now)
Asus PCE-N53 N600 Wifi Card
Asus Xonar DX Sound card (Not in Pics)
Win 8 Pro x64

I use it for light gaming, program development, a bit of CAD, and internet browsing, etc.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

You wanna see bad painting, you'd have to see my case.

You call your PSU crappy but it serves you loyally and problem free...that sounds like a reliable unit to me (though you aren't stressing it too much with your parts...)

You wanna see bad painting, you'd have to see my case.

You call your PSU crappy but it serves you loyally and problem free...that sounds like a reliable unit to me (though you aren't stressing it too much with your parts...)

lol

And yeah, I suppose the PSU is working out. I meant more of the brand though. I have used some other rocketfish products in the past that were terrible.

My next upgrade will be a modern GPU :)

• 4 weeks later...

If you are going to only use a couple of drives you can use some anti vibration suspension kits and mount them below the cages. This will allow you to flip the drives and have no cables showing. When I did my 900 I ditched the HDD cages all together and made a few brackets to hold the fans in place. Looks good so far though!

If you are going to only use a couple of drives you can use some anti vibration suspension kits and mount them below the cages. This will allow you to flip the drives and have no cables showing. When I did my 900 I ditched the HDD cages all together and made a few brackets to hold the fans in place. Looks good so far though!

Cool thanks!

There's already another HHD and an SSD below that drive though so it will be a squeeze.