New Pc Build AMD+AMD

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually after seeing all the replies and suggestions I say f#ck the budget I'm gonna buy an i7

If you only build the pc for gaming, go i5 lol.

i7 doesn't do anything decent for gaming.

If your gonna throw the budget you will gain a better computer experience by upping the RAM to 8 gig and the GPU than from upping the CPU unless all you are doing is video rendering.

In general use the FX will give pretty much an identical experience to the i5/i7. The RAM boost to 8 gig will give you a better experience boost. For gaming the same is true but also bumping the GPU.

I would stick with your base build and then add ram to 8 gig, bump the GPU to a 280 and put in a new PSU up to 650 watts.

Woah so much performance difference, but you can't compete with performance per price ratio of amd

Your i3 (2 core - 3.5GHz) is faster than the flagship of AMD (8350 - 8 core 4.0ghz) lol

UBI is just like EA releasing games early to use the install base as beta testers. They do not have the means to purchase and test every configuration out there unfortunately.  As long as they get the patches out quick based on positive constructive feedback the game gets better faster for the whole of the install base. Its a piss poor model since it pisses everyone off but it gets fixed. 

Any game that needs high single thread performance will run better on an Intel chip, plain and simple. As to whether that difference is noticeable to the naked eye is another matter.  I have not tested both of UBI's new titles yet but the games that I have tested AMD and Intel CPU's in Intel is faster, but not by much as the resolution scales up. At that point the GPU is your limiting factor.  

AMD's single thread performance has been poor since they introduced Bulldozer. There is no way around it its fact.    

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/amd_fx8370__fx8370be/8.htm