corsair hs1a headset mic not working ONLY ON WINDOWS 7 DESKTOP

jdhatt

Im sorry about posting such a common problem but ive scavenged google for 3 days now, tried everything I read but zero success. My corsair hs1a microphone is not working on my windows 7 desktop. To be clear, the headphone part works great but the mic does not. The pc recognizes that there is a mic plugged in but its not registering anything at all even if I yell into the mic, it just plays loud static when I record my own voice or check "listen to this advice". Over the past few days ive reinstalled windows 7 four times, updated realtek audio drivers, updated bios, did many windows updates, changed any volume control related to the mic, gone into device manager and reinstalled etc. Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, I dont know if this is something I should be worried about but since im paranoid ill ask. So after updating bios everything seemed great, it went successful and my boottime seemed to be enhanced by significantly less loading screens. However after that iwent to try and reinstall windows 7 again but for like 5 times in a row the installation froze once I selected which drive to install on. I then booted I safe mode and tried and it seemed like it was working so I canceled and decided to try again in regular mode, and this time it went flawlessly. Since then everything has been pretty smooth and most updates have installed (STILL HAVING THE MIC PROBLEM THOUGH :( of course), should I still be worried that something with the bios could be wrong?

Thanks for the help!!

Brief System Specs:

Intel i7 3770k

Msi r7850 2g twin frozr

Asus p8z77-v pro

Corsair vengeance 8gb ram

Ocz vertex 3 120g ssd (this is for the OS)

Corsair 600t

Please tell me if you need any more info, any help is appreciated. I need to chat with my buddies for starcraft ii!!! :P

Edited by jdhatt

Also to clarify, the headset DOES work on other devices. I tried on my bootcamp on my macbook pro and the windows 7 picked up the mic AND my voice just fine so its definitely not a headset problem

You have that device selected under the recording tab in manage audio devices?

Yup

It's set so the default device is the mic and not the front panel, right?

Lol yup. The mic shows up its just none of the bars move when I talk into it. If I crank the microphone boost the bars moved up to 2-3 bars and stayed there, whether I was talking or not. Everything is constant it doesnt move. The only time I notice the bars moving is when I switch tabs then click the recording devices tab, for a split second one bar lights up then nothing.

You have that device selected under the recording tab in manage audio devices?

Yup

It's set so the default device is the mic and not the front panel, right?