best way to clone from small ssd to a larger one

Gamer76

Hi all
i have a small 120gb SSD thats nearly always full. So ive snapped an intel 730 SSD 480GB to replace it at a bargain price.

Now im wanting to know whats the best safest way to "clone" from 120gb to 480gb without having to reinstall microsoft 7 licence etc or start from scratch without losing lots of pics and stuff i have on there. I do have the original microsoft disc (win7) here.

Ive been reading this link and see if anyone had a go with it and see if its successful or not
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2086644/how-to-upgrade-to-a-larger-hard-drive.html

software is called EaseUS Todo Backup Free

any advice or tips you can tell me

I personally use Acronis Home True Image 2010 (still nothing wrong with that version). Once you backup your original disk, you restore it to your new disk. It will be the same name as before, but you can easily change that. It will also only have 120GB of your total 480GB on your new disk. This is easily remedied by going into Disk Management, then expanding your active partition to your unallocated partition. That's pretty much it. You wouldn't even need to re-activate your Product Key. Sometimes you do, particularly if the hardware isn't the same (if you were using Universal Restore).

I'm sure EaseUS can do the same thing, I just use Acronis since I already have a license, and it works.

I like Aomei partition assistant because it's free and easy to use.  I've used it to copy boot drives and partitions back and forth a number of times and resize partitions as well.  

http://download.cnet.com/AOMEI-Partition-Assistant-Standard-Edition/3000-18512_4-75118871.html?part=dl-&subj=dl&tag=button