HAF XM + H100?

Right so my Year End Exams will be finished in two weeks and I'll be ready to move to IB by then. But first, gotta settle on what case I should use :biggrin:

I'm thinking of getting the HAF XM or Carbide 500R since I have a H100 lingering around unused and the Carbide 500R just screams a perfect match.

But then I remembered about this video:

and it got me thinking: "Would it be possible to do that with the HAF XM?"

Essentially, I'd like it to be like this:

2ewli7a.jpg

So I'm asking for any inputs if this will or will not work. I've seen that the HAF XM does have screw holes for a 120mm rad. What I'm really worried about is if the board will conflict with the H100's 120mm fans fitted below it as a 'push'. (I'm planning on getting the Sabertooth Z77 board and the 'Thermal Armor' just adds on the 'worry' list)

Should this not work, I'll have to choose between getting the Carbide 500R or Selling the H100, get a D14 and get a HAF XM. I don't see a reason to use the HAF XM + H100 if I can't get the 2x200mm fans fitted as the Carbide 500R seems to provide similar fan setups for a cheaper price. But please give me some inputs on which to choose as well. :)

Looking forward to some inputs guys! Thanks

:cheers:

Edited by vandreadstriker

1337346860[/url]' post='2026108']

H100 should work inside HAF-XM without any problem.

P.S. Do you intend to use H100 push-pull setup?

Yes but not with 4x120s. What I'd like to do is have a 2x120mm fitted as a push while the 2x200mm on the top of the HAF XM as a pull.

The 200mm fans won't help much on a radiator. The don't have much static pressure at all.

That said, depending on the motherboard, it MIGHT fit. The clearances are a bit tight with the Rad and the fans inside the case.

The HAF XM works perfectly if you mount the 120s up where that 200mm stock fan is. I know this isn't what you want to do, but I know for sure it fits this way.

Unfortunately it really depends on your motherboard -- that has seemed to be the biggest issue with the H100. You can maybe get away with the 120s on the inside (and run your 2 x 200m still) if your motherboard can clear it. The RAM is generally the issue.

The HAF XM works perfectly if you mount the 120s up where that 200mm stock fan is. I know this isn't what you want to do, but I know for sure it fits this way.

Unfortunately it really depends on your motherboard -- that has seemed to be the biggest issue with the H100. You can maybe get away with the 120s on the inside (and run your 2 x 200m still) if your motherboard can clear it. The RAM is generally the issue.

The Sabertooth would be a bad choice than wouldn't it? RAM issue aside, the Thermal Armor could be the one conflicting with it then? :-/

I'm not willing to take my chances here since I can't return them once I've bought.

Would you guys think it'd be a better choice in selling the H100 for a D14 + HAF XM? Or should I use the H100 and get the 500R instead? I've no issue selling them really, the reason I thought of this is with the H100 I'd have a much 'cleaner' look but if selling them is a better choice, I've no problem with that..

Please tell me what you guys think. :)

:cheers:

Using 200mmfans as pull won't affect the overall performance too much. About Sabertooth, I think you 'may' proceed with your setup. But best thing you can go at this moment is to get confirmation from any user who are using (or have used for the purpose of review) this kind of setup.

Having reviewed both the 500R and the HAF XM, I honestly prefer the XM by a pretty large margin.

Like many have said the 200mm fans really aren't going to help you a ton with push pull or with the radiator much at all. They aren't designed for moving air through radiators.

I'd say get the HAF XM -- pull out the 200mm fan and mount the 2 x 120s up top. It'll look super clean and you can easily wire the fans on the back side -- cleaning it up even more.

You can always try mounting it with the 200s up top and if it doesn't fit, you're not out much by moving it like I said above.

Personally, after playing with both cases XM > 500R.

1337364691[/url]' post='2026201']

Using 200mmfans as pull won't affect the overall performance too much. About Sabertooth, I think you 'may' proceed with your setup. But best thing you can go at this moment is to get confirmation from any user who are using (or have used for the purpose of review) this kind of setup.

Well I have not seen anyone wanting to do this exact setup like me so it's kind of hard to get confirmation confused.gif

1337365810[/url]' post='2026207']

Having reviewed both the 500R and the HAF XM, I honestly prefer the XM by a pretty large margin.

Like many have said the 200mm fans really aren't going to help you a ton with push pull or with the radiator much at all. They aren't designed for moving air through radiators.

I'd say get the HAF XM -- pull out the 200mm fan and mount the 2 x 120s up top. It'll look super clean and you can easily wire the fans on the back side -- cleaning it up even more.

You can always try mounting it with the 200s up top and if it doesn't fit, you're not out much by moving it like I said above.

Personally, after playing with both cases XM > 500R.

Well I though the top 200mm could help dissipate heat from other components of the rig.

I'll Happily choose the HAF XM than since you're recommending it BluePanda smile.gif I'll try using the H100 and if it doesn't fit, I'll try and sell them and get D14 instead. It'd suck that I can't play with it right away and I may need to spend some for RAMs but oh well,,

One last question: if I were to go with D14 instead, which would be better, having 2x200 on top for intake and only having the back 120 for out or the 120 and 2x200 for outtake? Thankscheers.gif

Edited by vandreadstriker