Note 2 and it's display

kennethk

I think this is at an amazing price. I still have a couple weeks to return my nexus 4, how ever I'm not sure if it's possible to be able to unlock this phone so it will work with straight talk.

Another question I had was about it's display, it looks like it's coming in at 720 x 1280 265 ppi? Seems well and all but with all these 1080p devices coming out will I notice a huge difference if I just stick with my nexus 4? I kind of do like the rich blacks on Amoled displays and I'd only be spending around a $150 upgrade for the device.

To sum up, Can I unlock T-Mobile phones to be compatible with straight talk?

Or any recomendations for unlocked gsm phones, I want a good camera, 4g speed, IR blaster etc, teh note 2 may be the phone for me.

AT&T phones can be easily unlocked. I just went to the AT&T store and told them I was going to France for the summer and they unlocked the phone for me to use abroad. T-Mobile is the same, though I've never actually had a phone unlocked. I asked them about it once, they said that if the store can't do it for free, you can get them unlocked for about $10. 

The Samsung Galaxy S II that I had before my LG G2 was like 215 ppi and 480x800 resolution. I never really noticed the low ppi. The only device where I notice it is my 10" 1280x720 tablet, and even then, its not so bad. I had a Note II as a loaner phone for 3 weeks while my S II was being replaced by T-Mobile, and I had no issue with the resolution. Yes, my new 1080x1920 LG G2 looks a lot nicer, but the 720x1280 on the Note II is plenty good. I also had a Nexus 4 as a loaner when my S II broke a second time, and I didn't like it as much as the Note. I loved the battery life of the Note II, and the size. I think the Nexus 4 is too small. 

Note II camera is on par with the S II, so its a very good camera. 4G was faster than the S II, and the screen size is great for videos. 

• Like 1

AT&T phones can be easily unlocked. I just went to the AT&T store and told them I was going to France for the summer and they unlocked the phone for me to use abroad. T-Mobile is the same, though I've never actually had a phone unlocked. I asked them about it once, they said that if the store can't do it for free, you can get them unlocked for about $10. 

The Samsung Galaxy S II that I had before my LG G2 was like 215 ppi and 480x800 resolution. I never really noticed the low ppi. The only device where I notice it is my 10" 1280x720 tablet, and even then, its not so bad. I had a Note II as a loaner phone for 3 weeks while my S II was being replaced by T-Mobile, and I had no issue with the resolution. Yes, my new 1080x1920 LG G2 looks a lot nicer, but the 720x1280 on the Note II is plenty good. I also had a Nexus 4 as a loaner when my S II broke a second time, and I didn't like it as much as the Note. I loved the battery life of the Note II, and the size. I think the Nexus 4 is too small. 

Note II camera is on par with the S II, so its a very good camera. 4G was faster than the S II, and the screen size is great for videos. 

Hey thanks, so  a unlocked phone will work over seas? Doubt I ever go there but it's cool to know, Think i might get the note 2 but I'll wait till Moday and ask a Tmobile store

Yeah, but it has to be an unlocked GSM phone, which means no T-Mobile, as they're HSDPA. Idk if straighttalk works with an HSDPA phone, so check the radio frequencies on the phone and for straighttalk and make sure they match. 

It's already out. Tmobile said you had to have a contract with them or request a unlock code from the previous owner and I doubt I can get that because gazelles a 3rd party retailer :/ I should be able to root it to unlocked?

It's already out. Tmobile said you had to have a contract with them or request a unlock code from the previous owner and I doubt I can get that because gazelles a 3rd party retailer :/ I should be able to root it to unlocked?

You're welcome.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2176721

I knew about this when I had my S II and considered doing it but never bothered to get a different SIM card just because I had no need for the unlocked phone. Turns out it works for the S III and Note II as well.

You're welcome.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2176721

I knew about this when I had my S II and considered doing it but never bothered to get a different SIM card just because I had no need for the unlocked phone. Turns out it works for the S III and Note II as well.

I'll have to think on it like really bite my nails on it, it's a decent upgrade and worth it for $50 unlimited talk and 2.5gbs of data but I dont know if I'll get 4g. I read some place where if you unlock your phone you wont get 4g speeds.