Said good bye today to my Intel rig... :(

dr_bowtie

As of today I said good-bye to my Intel rig....

Other than the HP-mini Atom netbook and Asus ION Atom HTPC I don't have an Intel rig....

Somebody wanted my ECS P55 and i7-860 a little more than I did so I shipped it off to its new owner....

I havent built myself a rig in 3-4 years so I think I am due....

I am leaning towards a Z77 and a 3770k CPU......and maybe a new video card

Strongly looking at the Gigabyte Z77-UD5H board.....

Just thought I'd get that off my chest...lol

Awesome, I think it's time for me to get back with intel. I've gotta say I was more satisfied with my old P35 E8400 combo I had prior to the rig in my sig. Time to spend some tax money haha..

Only 10? That means one of the kids is wothout one! :D

I am honestly glad that I made the switch a few years back to intel, not that I wouldn't go AMD again though if I saw something really shiney at the right price lol.

I dunno. I have always used intel, except for my laptop. I wanted to keep it cool and is 500x hotter than my father i5. Plus, mine is an AMD Athlon x2. Is an old machine but I bought because it was really a good gooooooooooood offer. I bought it in 2008 with 4gb RAM!!

For someone that is going to build their own rig it is hard to suggest AMD right now except for a pure budget build. The i5, especially if you live near a microcenter is a much more attractive chip currently. Now I can say I would not get an i3, if I had to budget that much I would get an APU or an FX 4000 series. However as you move up the cost AMD does suffer.

As we've discussed before I think you'll really like the Gigabyte Z77 UD5H board.  It's a nifty piece of hardware.  So many little tweaks and improvements over the Gigabyte Z68 boards.  GB did a great job of going back in and polishing off some of the things that were lacking on the Z68 UD4/UD5 series boards.