Dishonored app crash error

uneedav8

I am getting an app crash error when trying to launch dishonored. It is the same one mentioned in the link below. It seems to be a common problem. Anyone experienced this? and fixed it? I have tried everything, re-installing the game, remove cloud sync, uninstalling and reinstall, video drivers, reinstall ms visual C++, start in -windowed mode. I am using Nvidia graphics. This seemed to happen after it ran an update on the game. I was on the Dunham towers level with the tallboys, that where I was before this problem happened. Thanks for any help.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/11/dishonored-pc-crashing-for-some-bethesda-offers-advice/

Edited by uneedav8

I'm only taking a guess here but it almost looks like your game save is corrupted.   Any previous game saves you can go back to?   I would keep going until I got bored of trying old game saves.

Have you tried running in compatability mode? try windows xp service pack 3 and run as administrator

Yes

I'm only taking a guess here but it almost looks like your game save is corrupted.   Any previous game saves you can go back to?   I would keep going until I got bored of trying old game saves.

I tried deleting the last of the saved game. I also uninstalled, and reinstalled the game with no saves in the folder....to start over from the first level with no go.

Wow, I dunno - sounds just like the issue I had with BF3.   I could only progress to a certain point and then the game would crash.   BF3 would crash at the same exact spot every time.  I re-installed that game so many times and even reinstalled my O/S and same result.   I didn't ever find a fix for it so I am completely unqualified to help you out on this, sorry.

Ya you would think but BC2 and BF3 both had the same problem for me and a complete reinstall did not help.  I would think a driver reinstall (a different one at that) and reinstall of the game would be enuff... nope! :lol:

It's games like those that make me glad I have a console to fall back on when PC games are a headache.