AMD X2 7850 CPU Tested

Nemo

Did I read that right ? Are black edition processors being shipped with HSFs now? Because all previous black edition models have not had a heatsink or fan included.

Guest ajmatson
Did I read that right ? Are black edition processors being shipped with HSFs now? Because all previous black edition models have not had a heatsink or fan included.

Depends if you buy it retail or OEM.

Thanks guys for the kind words. It is a great little chip and has taken home in my 1U server project.

I am sure it would..my HTPC still runs a 4000+ Brisbane and it does fine with everything I through at it....but it's not a gamer either...I have that coupled with a 6600gt from the stone age and it does 1080p just fine....

this chips is almost twice what mine is so I am positive this would make and Awesome HTPC or server chip....

well if you run a server or HTPC that runs "in house" you dont really need all that CPU power so you can down clock the multiplier and vcore....

I have had my HTPC down clocked to 1ghz before with little issue on .75v....ran very cool and only seen a little glitching in HD playback...I now have it at 1.8ghz at 1.175v

I am sure these chips can do that too....