Weapon Time

gebraset

I'm not aware of any used gun shows going on, and past shows, I don't know where to purchase one used from a dealer. Everywhere I have went so far they all sell new guns, nothing used. I did see a new marlin down here though, they wanted I think $179 for it? Wasn't a fan of how it looked, but have not heard much about them in all reality. And I don't think you can put a scope on them either?

Google "gun auction site" for online gun sales sites. Anything you buy online will need to go to a FFL dealer unless it's in state. The dealer transfers it to you for a fee.

Marlin Model 60's have a grooved receiver to accept scopes and peep sights. The best ones are pre 1985.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for the information Phil, I'm looking around at different auction sites. Seems to be decent prices, but the new model isn't too much more new around here. The one down the road has a Marlin 795 for $179 before tax. Then they have the Rugar 10/22 tactical for $329 I believe before tax as well. It seems like the Marlin would be a better deal, even though I like the look of the Rugar more. I don't plan on customizing too much, so I'm not worried about that, as long as a scope can be applied. The place down the road has sales every Sunday on firearms too, so I'm hoping to see some type of discount soon.

As far as pawn shops, I don't plan on trusting any down here to be honest. Ones in my home state aren't bad, but I don't plan on trusting one 15 minutes from Juarez. I'm probably just going to buy new, or look online at used if the price is right.

^^ Yup.

All firearms dealers have an FFL, but not all FFL holders have a store. There are "kitchen table" FFL's who just do stuff out of the house.

Well, finally got a hold of one of the Walmart's down here that sells rifles and they have a 10/22 (guy didn't know what model though) for $237, so not a bad deal depending on the model. Going to do some looking around today and see.

The carbine is normally the lowest price. They are pretty accurate out to about 150 yards with the sights.

With the mounting of a scope. there are 4 screws at the top of the receiver for the mounting the weaver base.

You could go to the Ruger website and download the PDF manual on the 10/22

I saw the 4 screws, did not realize they were for a mounting base, just wish it came with one. They are cheap though to buy, so not too big of a deal, lol. I'm going to get looking around this one Walmart in about a half hour or so and see what I can find there! I'll post back of course if I do or do not decide to buy.

Also, they have a Savage .22 there, but I haven't been able to find decent reviews on it, most of what I am hearing is no good. Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by gebraset

Sounds good Phil, I'll look at it but it is even cheaper than Marlin I saw the other day, so I don't know if I'm going to take too many looks at it to be honest. And OwinC, that sounds great, I'm just glad here in Texas it is so lax for weapons, lol.

Honestly I would look around before committing to anything, nearly $250 for .22 seems pretty steep.

If you're gonna spend that much you should definitely go used as I'm sure you can find an awesome rifle for that much.

Don't forget to barter too, when buying a gun always get free ammo thrown in.