Steam Comming to OSX!

greengiant912

http://kotaku.com/5484948/valve-teases-upc...t-not-so-subtly

http://www.brianjfuller.com/?p=120

Now I know most people are PC users here. But this is great news as it might finally encourage developers to keep developing for the PC as they would likely develop a PC version before a Mac version.

Edited by greengiant912

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would each game still need to be compatible with MAC for it to work?

If so, whats the point? Developers will then STILL need to make a separate MAC version as they do now.

I lol'd so hard.

http://www.macworld.com/article/146840/201.../valve_mac.html

But, isn't the big news that the games are coming to OSX?

Would each game still need to be compatible with MAC for it to work?

If so, whats the point? Developers will then STILL need to make a separate MAC version as they do now.

Valve games.

Edited by tkrow21

It's nice for people who have Macs with discrete graphics cards as it'll save them the trouble of either having to install Windows to play games or getting a separate PC just for games.

However, I'll stick with my HTPC for gaming

First off, this is old news...it was discovered in an update 2 weeks ago.

Secondly, although it's certainly nice for Mac users, anyone that considers themselves a PC gamer is going to have a Windows machine.

And thirdly, as Petez alluded to, simply having a Steam Mac client doesn't do you any good as a Mac user if Mac versions of the games you want to play don't come to Steam on top of that.

Ok Clay, of course its old news again. Except probably half the people here don't know this happened. I for one do not go onto steam's website and read every single update they do, so its nice to find out in this thread what they did. <_<

Ok Clay, of course its old news again. Except probably half the people here don't know this happened. I for one do not go onto steam's website and read every single update they do, so its nice to find out in this thread what they did. <_>

It probably wasn't posted here for reasons 2 & 3 in my post. Hell, even Mac boy, Kash, doesn't care for it ;)

Clay I quit you always have a good answer :lol:

Look, I'm not trying to be an arse. If I was, I would have just stated the first point. I stated that alongside the latter points to illustrate that it's not really news to get excited about (which an exclamation point in a thread title implies).

It'll be interesting to see the Steam Stats once the OSX client is released. I doubt you'll see a big increase in userbase. Hell, Macs only compose a mere 5% of the online market share to begin with...what percentage of that do you think will actually use Steam?